Chapter 33

6 months later. 

"What do you mean she's gone?" Estella screamed, her senses fading. 

"She left with her guardian," the nurse behind the table told her, going pale. 

"I'm the guardian." She said loudly, pushing the hair at the back of her ears.

"Not you." The nurse said as she worked with pages, shuffling one after another. "The other one." 

"There's no other one," Estella grabbed the paper as soon as the nurse pulled them out. Her muscles tightened, her eyes raked the discharge paper and felt her stomach taking a somersault when she read the initials at the end. 

E.C.B.

There was a ruckus after that. A huge one. The cops were called but there was no solution. It was too late to realize that Estella indeed gave two names for her guardian. Another reminder of trusting Edward too much. She almost forgot his existence. Almost.

It had been months and he was out of sight, leaving no room for a comeback. At least that wasn't the case anymore. 

The cops asked around, collected information and left with a reassuring note to find her mother as soon as they could. 

Estella wanted to ramble on and on how lousy the worker at the rehabilitation center were, or how they never installed a camera for privacy reason, she knew it wouldn't matter to Edward anyway. He was unreachable and he proved it before. 

Hours later when she waltzed out of the police station, she dialed her friend.

"That's not good," Tanya told Estella through the phone. "This can't be happening. I told you he wasn't just someone you could plan a revenge on." 

"Yes I prepared for that," She said, drying her eyes off the tears. She was done crying, she thought. "But he did nothing. All these months he never responded." 

"So what happened when he was called at the station?" 

"He never came." She said, breathing loudly. "His lawyer was here, telling us how he wasn't around NYC when my mom was discharged." 

"That's bullshit." She screamed. "I'll be back as soon as I can." 

"Please no," she told her friend. "Your work is important, too. You've been working so hard to get there. Anyway it's a matter of a week." 

"I don't think I could possibly participate in this event while worrying what's happening over there." 

"Stay put. This is about your work. Anyway, I'm nearing home. I'll tell you when I find her." She hung up, and after an half and hour walk, she foukd herself entering the elevator of a familiar building, heading straight for the penthouse she left months ago.
She still had the keys to that place for some reason. Perhaps she knew she would face him, ask him what she did to deserve him. 

Not even hours after Estella released Edward assaulting a civilian, the video was taken down and a very few people caught on. There was a short term outbreak on the scandal with Edward called at the police station but he was soon out, unscathed. It was Tanya who found out that little to nothing happened about it. The victim claimed to have never seen him and eventually blamed someone else. However, it did put him in a tight watch at his work. His name was withdrawn from the projects he was working on, probably told to take a break from the company. 

Very long ago, Lopez had informed her how much Edward's position had meant for him and a little setback was just enough to put and pin him down with torture. She was hoping it to be true. Nothing was confirmed.