Chapter 2

Tanya was as wild and bold as she always was. She was loud and blunt since the first day they met in college. She refrained from ever telling her she had a crush on her for a while.

"Long time no see!" Tanya giggled, pouring the drink down her throat.

"Indeed." She said quietly. "You know the work."

"Ofcourse I know," she shouted, leaning in closer to sound clear. "Even I don't remember when to eat or sleep."

Estella liked so many things about her even though Tanya could be easily mistaken as someone who was vicious and smart enough to make others run for their money. Being under her comfort zone was what Estella managed to get into. Tanya was a whole different personality to exclusive people and her friends.

"So, life's giving you a lemon?" She asked, putting her arms around her neck.

"Is it that obvious?" She said, glumly. "I'm currently living in a bloody hellhole."

"How could I help, babe?" She slid a drink at her. "Genie is at your service!"

Estella chuckled and then gulped the tequila down her throat. It burned, reminding her she had stopped coming to places like these. "You're here. That's enough for now."

Tanya rested her back on the counter, turning her face to the crowd ahead of her. "You know my brother did an internship at some company. And it's big company campared to that place you work. The work experience hits different."

"Oh well," she hesitated before agreeing. "Tell me how it goes."

"Uh-huh!" She mumbled. "You know when you told me about what happened at your work. I had to find out."

She eyed her, looking surprised. "Really?"

Tanya was a junior assistant jounalist. She was a passion-driven, effortless and efficient on collecting stories and concluding them. She was quite the investigator.  "It's all a setup."

"I figured out that much." She said. "What else did you find?"

"The firm is now part of Blake Corp." Tanya informed her. "So sueing them will be hundred times harder."

"I have to fight back." She stated in determination. "I can't have that on my name. Why I become someone escapegoat?"

"You're right." Tanya nodded. "And I know you clear your name aboutbthe audits and statement. But for the tender code leak. It's almost impossible. You have access to those other than your employer who worked for the firm for twelve years. His goodwill will outrun yours."

"So I should stay put and do nothing."

"That's I'm not telling you to do. But I'm definitely asking you to consider all the odds before you jump the big gun. The Blake's are the real deal. I don't know them but I heard a few cases of them.  They win. Most of the them. And if not, the case goes on and on. How many years are you going to put up with them?"

"As many as I can."

"Good. That's like my girl." She cheered.

Estella smiled in return.

By the time Tanya left the metallic chair, she was trippimg, unable to control her legs. She was drunk out of her mind.

Estella helped her stand. "Why do you drink that much when you can't handle it?"

Tanya giggled like a baby. "Once I throw up, I feel fucking amazing."

Estella's eyes darted at the crowd before landing on a couple sitting a few feet away in the next stool. The girl, blonde hair had her back facing her while the guy's face was in her direction. The face was somewhat familiar.

Tanya whimpered and she ignored the couple and grabbed her friend's arm and took her to the bathroom.

As she threw up, Tanya insisted Estella go back as she was going to take a long time coming out of the bathroom.

Shoving people out of her way was frustrating. Every time she took one step, someone would push her three steps back. The dance club was one of the expensive ones and yet it surprised her how crowded it was. One of the drunken assholes called her a bitch for interrupting their steamy dance session.

"Suck it up, fuckboy!"

She sneered and walked away, coming back at the chair she was sitting earlier. She felt the presence of someone, in the next chair, the same one Tanya had occupied earlier.

"Twice in a week. Must be the destiny." The familiar voice was evident and she looked at her side, the same stranger with a serene smile greeted her.

He had the same look, the professionalism hard to miss.

"Sorry?" She did miss what he said to her.

"Nevermind." His voice was steady, eyes sharp yet his gaze was soft. He wasn't drunk. Maybe at all. "What brought you here?"

"A friend." She said. "And you."

"Nothing. I was bored."

"You didn't look bored five minutes ago." Her statement might have  caught him off gaurd. She wasn't sure.
"That blonde. I'm sure I saw you a few minutes ago with that girl."

"Thea? " he said in an empty voice. "Don't worry she's not my girlfriend."

"I didn't ask that." Her cheeks felt hot and she wanted to leave. "Neither do I care." She tried to sound as polite as she could.

"You can relax If I seem too forthcoming to you." He was calm the entire time that she couldn't help and admire. "Anyway, I'm Edward. I forgot to introduce the last time we met."

"It's alright." She told him. "I think we both didn't expect to meet like that again. What a coincidence!"

"Hmm. Must be destiny!" He repeated.

Estella was again feeling the heat, maybe some tension, she found him setting inside her mind like a memory she would wish to visit over and over again. His allure was tempting and him that handsome was like a clear road.

"You are hunting a new boyfriend, I see!" Tanya was back, smiling all goofy and when she stood next to her,
Estella wanted to hide. "I give ten on ten to your choice!" Her friend continued her blabbering.

Estella quickened, reacting fast and held her more firmly. "Don't mind her words." She said to Edward. "She talks only rubbish when she is drunk."

She didn't wait for his reply or views on Tanya's hysterical drunk behavior and dragged her friend out of the club. She was so embarrassed to even look him in the eye.

------

Please vote and comment!!!