Chapter 22

There was only one reason for the celebration and Estella didn't mind having it. It was necessary for herself, for Edward, for Lopez, and every person who made the dream project a successful accomplishment. The investment was indeed the kickstart she had dreamed of when Edward presented her the opportunity to become an active investor.

A week ago, the sample and the quality of the product was approved by concerned authorities and they were now all set to flood the market. For straight two weeks, Estella had been busy with advertising and marketing with the rest of the crew.

She wanted to keep the celebration to the minimal because a crowd in her head seemed a bit overwhelming. However, soon enough the idea was postponed another week or two as when she called Tanya, Estella along with Edward were invited to a celebration which she couldn't deny. Tanya's Hindu culture always fascinated her and Holi was her favorite thing.

Dressed in a white tunic that went down to her calves, and white jeans, she stared down at Edward who seemed like he was out of place. To Estella, Edward was the kind of book you could read and yet understand the bare minimum. Though with time, she had gotten used to his routines, same reactions and who wouldn't adore his supportive character? What was not to like about him? And right now he had the cutest scowl tugging on his lips which he was struggling to wipe off his lips.

She smiled sheepishly.

"Come on!" she said, "it's just a party. And in my opinion, one of the best."

"Yeah, I can see that. It's just I wasn't expecting this much of a crowd " he commented, scanning the vicinity. Indeed, the crowd was hefty, surrounding each nook and corner of the backyard. 

The music and colors of different shade were all around them and within seconds their clothes were multicolored. People randomly poured the coloring powder to each other while dancing to Holi inspired Bollywood songs played in the background. 

"Have you ever been to a Holi celebration before?" she asked.

"Not really, " he answered but his attention was distracted. Edward was more focused on who touched his shoulders, or who threw colors on him, purposely or not.

Observing that, Estella held his hand.
"I think I have something to make you feel better."

Hearing that, Edward curiously watched her semi colored face.

Estella typed something on her phone and the moment a notification popped up, she instructed him to follow.

Tanya sat upon the rim of a huge round fountain, her legs drenching inside the colored water and clothes completely smeared with colors. Other than the swimming pool,  there were other several plastic sustainable pools occupied by people with drinks in their hands. Tanya, on seeing them approaching, excused the girls with whom she was clicking selfies and instead turned around to face Estella and Edward. 

"Happy Holi, T, " Estella hugged her friend.

Tanya's hold on her tightened. "You brought the hottie!"

Estella suppressed her laugh and released her. "Well, your hottie is feeling extremely cold and dull. Light and shine him up, will you?"

Tanya smiled mischievously and turned to Edward. "We have never met officially before. Tanya Singh."

"I'm—"

"Edward. Yes, I know. Estella told me everything about you."

Hearing that, her cheeks heated. She eyed her best friend with a murderous glare. Edward proudly smiled in response. Before they could continue their conversation, two guys threw a girl in the same fountain due to which the water splashed out of it and the trio ended up half drenched.