Chapter 37

Three days and there was no sign of him. She was told to stay behind in the mansion, not to leave without Carlos if she wanted to go out. Edward had suggested she could visit Tanya who had bombarded her with messages right after she had purchased her new phone and restored her number and contacts.

There was no arguing she wasn't going to tell Tanya about the situation in the slightest.

She'd attract bad attention. He had said that and she believed him without a doubt. Although she wasn't planning on holding her situation any longer than she had to.

After lying to Tanya, convincing her mother was safe and sound, she liked the idea of being left alone. Edward had left the boutique three nights ago after a screaming match she had with him for imposing his choice to not give up her ownership to Mr. Blake, and to ignore any forthcoming conversation if his father initiated ever again.

As if!

Although Mr. Blake made no effort, he did mention the charity event indirectly both times she saw him in the house.

.....

"What are you doing?" A voice startled Estella and she yelped, turning around to find the teenage girl, Nora, hanging by the doorway.

Estella stilled, studying her, hoping she didn't find anything unusual. "What?"

She pursed her lips, thinning her eyes at her. "Your room? It looks like a tornado came here."

Glancing around, she comprehended what Nora was talking about. Apparently, Estella had been sneaking in through files of Edward, diaries, or any document that gave her any leverage or anything closely related to her mother's location.

Since she was staying in Edward's room, it was a convenience.

"I was looking for something," she answered, not finding it bothersome anymore if she guessed what she was up to.

"Clearly," she cleared her throat and strolled in, perching herself on the bed, resting her hands on either side of her body. "I'm Nora."

"I know," After a pause she said. "I'm Estella."

"My sister-in-law," she chirped blatantly. "Awesome."

Her straightforward personality made Estella's brows go up. "I...I think you're mistaken."

Nora pinched her brows together as if she were learning a new language, trying to understand it without any context and failing miserably at it. "Hmm. Interesting."

"You want something from me?" She clipped, not wanting her presence at all. Estella began resetting things in the room she misplaced, hoping she'd take the hint and leave.

"You know I always wanted a sister in this house." She started, crossing her legs on the bed now, her expression fading somewhere far. "Edward and Elvis, they are kind of pricks. Always busy, no time for me. I'm just mostly on my own. And now I do have a girl in my house but she doesn't want to talk to me."

"What could we possibly have to talk about?" Estella grabbed the files and lined them on the cabinet.

"Just stuff," she said. "Anything really. You could ask me if you have questions. Don't you have some?"

She stopped, taking a long look at Nora. Yes, there were too many things she wanted to ask but everything was related to Edward which was the last thing she wanted.

Nora noticed the tension right away before Estella could withdraw her eyes off her. "You're pissed at my brother, aren't you?"

Sensing more silence, she continued. "He's an ass, I know."