Chapter 34

Six months was a long time. Each day was heavier than before and it was sickening. He had told her that she wouldn't be free of him so she waited for him to come back, anticipating meanwhile what he could possibly do to her. She was not going down that easy. 

But nothing like that ever happened. Even though she could constantly feel the presence of someone, he was nowhere to be seen. 

Estella's clothes were still drenched, standing tall yet feeling under the weather, scrutinized the intruder in front of her. Edward was looking back at her, his eyes fearless, smile unwavering.

"You changed the lock," he put down her phone and pulled out his lighter, tossing it up and catching it back in his large but disgusting hand. 

"Where is my mom?" She asked angrily, not stepping closer to him.

He was now flicking his lighter on and off again and again. "She is safe." 

"So you do have her!" 

"Yes, I do." He said. "But she isn't the one I want. It's you I'm after."

"I'm standing right here." She told him. "Let her go." 

"No, I want you in my life just the way we were back." 

She scoffed so hard wondering if he heard her under the heavy rain outside. "We're done." 

"I've told you before you can't just walk out of my life." He slipped his lighter right back into his pocket and gave her the look, a determined look. 

Estella gritted her teeth. "Fuck you." She walked closer, intending to grab her phone and call the police but Edward was fast. He pushed the phone away, it fell down, sweeping across the floor, lying far away from her. Her rage grew, she took a turn to get her phone first when Edward caught her wrist, pulling her close, their face almost touching. 

"You're wet, " he whispered, holding her closer. "Atop and beneath." 

"Let go!" She struggled only to find herself now pushed onto his lap. Her other hand was also in his grip holding them behind, locking her closer. 

"Why did you do it?" He demanded, making her confused. "I meant why did you put the video online before asking me. You were mistaken and it cost me a lot." 

"You're a horrible person, Edward. And you deserve more than that." She spat. "And nobody knows that better than you." 

"Yes, I am problematic," he stated, "but that's one of my phases. Everybody loses control and then let their anger take over. However I did not beat that guy." 

"It doesn't matter," she was struggling to get herself free of his hold but he seemed to pull only closer. "You lied to me, hid your identity, your family, your work and your goddamn life. You hid it all. You played nice to me while you hurt people behind my back, you control their lives and you make them miserable. How could I imagine living with a person like that." 

Edward glanced hardly, his expression turning into shame for a second. He drew a maddening breath against her face, squeezing her wrist tighter that it hurt. 

He shot up straight, making her stumble but still standing as he wasn't letting her hand go. "It was necessary. I can't bring you to my other life."

"Then leaving you behind is a necessity for me." Estella flared back. "Give my mom back and let me go." 

"No, you'll stay." He said, pulling her in a hug. "You have to. Nobody understood me better than you."