Chapter 6

Alfe:

'Nahirapan ka bang matulog?'

'I'm sorry again for what happened tonight.'

Messages from last night and this morning...

'How was your sleep?'

My face was about to be torn off by smiling crazily. They're just simple messages from Alfe but they make me feel festive. Honestly, I fell asleep quickly last night, I slept so fine.

"What a blast of Saturdaze! We only slept for 5 hours!" I heard Dafiah complain as she sat on her bed brushing her teeth. "You don't look like you slept so short, Trea. You look so happy. What's going on? What are you looking at on your cell phone?"

"Can you finish brushing your teeth before talking to me?" I responded as I tried to construct a message for Alfe.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sasabihin ko sa kanya. Mmm... I'm super talkative and I absolutely have a lot of ideas but right now... it's blank. I still have hang over, I guess. I need water.

Bumalik sa bathroom si Dafiah. Tumayo ako at lumapit sa mini-fridge namin dito para kumuha ng tubig. I should drink first to cool myself up. Umupo ako sa study table pagkatapos uminom atsaka hinarap na naman ang cellphone ko.

"Trea, ano ba yan?" Dafiah asked and then peered behind me to look at my phone.

I have nothing to keep from her so I let her read Alfe's messages. I am hoping she could give me some advice on how to reply to these. I became so self-conscious now. He didn't greet me good morning. Should l greet him?

"Anong ibig sabihin nito?" she asked.

I frowned at her. "Tinatanong ako tungkol sa tulog ko."

"Why? Is he hitting on you?"

I felt all my blood collecting on my cheeks.

"No way!" hindi makapaniwala nyang sambit.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Where's your brain, Trea? Did you hit your head? Naaksidente ka ba ng hindi ko alam?"

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko sa kanya.

"He's cheating. He's cheating with you! Nakalimutan mo bang may girlfriend sya? Nakalimutan mo na din bang ipinangako ka na sa ibang lalaki?"

I realized what she meant. She's right. I almost forgot, I definitely forgot. I harshly flipped my cell phone close and dropped it on the table. I was taken away by our conversation last night that I forgot about the truth of my future and his status.

"Napansin ko ay nakangiti ka simula pa lang nang pumasok tayo kagabi pero hindi na kita inintriga dahil inaantok na talaga ako at masama ang pakiramdam ko. May nangyari ba sa inyo kagabi?"

"Ano... I somehow confessed to him," nag-aalinlangang sabi ko.

"Confess?" she exclaimed as she dragged her seat next to mine to get ready to question me more. "What did you confess?" she asked as soon as she was seated.

"I told him I admire him and that he is cool."

"And why did you do that? You really have lost your mind. You can like someone as much as you want but it doesn't mean you confess it just like that, especially with your situation."

"I know. I might have lost my mind. But I only confessed because I thought it was okay. I thought that we would never see each other again because he was leaving today and it was going to be the last time."

"But why are you texting?"

"Just right before you arrived last night, he told me that he is going to see me again and he'll message me. Hindi ko naman inakala."