ENRAGED HEART

This is the last chapter of Searing Burst of Rage.

***

His...

Marriage is a lifelong commitment and it is not even on the list of my concerns. It is a baptism of fire and horror. I can have women anytime I want, whenever I want something to hot myself on cold nights. To be fair, I can have a variety of tastes. I don't want to be sick of having only one.

"I heard talks about you! Lodging numbers of women in Vier!" Mama hysterically announced.

I continued eating my plate of pasta, uninterested in what she is talking about.

"Haven't you moved on yet?"

I dropped my utensils and glared at Mama. "Let's not talk about this."

"Settle down. Or at least show a good profile. I don't want you to be talked of in the town with a bad reputation."

"Walang katotohanan ang lahat ng mga narinig mo galing sa mga walang kwentang tao," depensa ko sa sarili.

She sighed. "I'll set you up a date."

"No," I quickly turned down.

"Why not?"

"I'm only 25! You can't expect me to settle down!"

"You're old enough to marry. Hindi ka namin pinalaki ng Papa mo na maging palikero. Value women!"

"I do value you. I just don't want to accept your suggestion. Let's end this discussion."

"No, we won't end it until this rumor about you dies."

Napamasahe nalang ako sa sintido ko at hindi na sinagot si Mama dahil wala din namang ibang patutunguhan to kagaya ng mga nagdaang usapan namin tungkol dito.

What's wrong with enjoying my bachelor's life? I've worked hard to be a successful man, I deserve to have fun, not chain myself by settling down. I don't need another woman who pesters me all the time like Mama.

"Umalis ka na naman ng walang pasabi! Bakit? Napagod ka na ba sa mga babae dito kaya ka pumunta ng Italy?" bulyaw ni Mama pagkarating na pagkarating ko ng mansion.

"Hindi ba pwedeng nagbakasyon lang ako?"

"What? It's the same thing," she insisted.

"How come it is the same thing? I just needed some fresh Italian air from all the work." From all your nags, I wanted to say.

"You have a date tonight. A daughter of that 3-Michelin restaurant owner in Vier, her name is Mia," aniya.

"I'm tired," tanging sabi ko bago pumanhik ng kwarto.

Narinig ko pa ang sigaw ni Mama ng pangalan ko pero hindi ko na nilingon. Maybe I have met all the girls she is talking about to me but I'm really not interested. To be honest, there are a lot of excellent and decent women, I just hate that she's making the decision for me.

"The hotel in Australia will be done by the end of next month. Papa told me we all have to go there," Uxphil said one day when we had our golf session.

"Hindi naman kailangan ang pumunta ako. You can ask my brother instead, his presence will be enough."

"I'm not asking. I'm telling you we have to go," he insisted.

"Zephius is allowed not to go there but I can't. That's bullshit."

"He will be. I'll drag him unconscious. And, it'll be all boys. That means, no Mama's."

That's definitely a magnificent idea. Hindi ko na maririnig si Mama na itulak ako sa lahat ng babae ng buong Buenacarte. I was tired of all her nags, it made me don't want to be with women.