Chapter 29

I rested the back of my head perfectly in the arch of his neck between his jaw and shoulder. Alfe's body is so hard compared to mine, I could see the clear difference in our leg's skin color, and his arms are even so huge next to mine... but our heartbeats are the same, it's at the same pace.

"Alfe," I breathed. "I love you."

I felt his jaw move before turning over at me. I saw how surprised he was by my sudden confession. From the start, I always tend to be so forward about how I feel about him. And I wanted to be more honest.

"I want to tell you how I feel. I love you but I'm scared. I'm sorry about that night. I was disconcerted and troubled. I didn't know what to do. I don't want to see that kind of image again. I don't want to see death." I paused. "And I thought of Papa, he's everything to me, I don't want to lose him."

I feel like something bad will transpire and I can't do anything about it. Perhaps I'm overthinking but I can't help it, especially since I don't know anything. I haven't heard the name Leonetti since then, I thought I could get more information now that I'm out.

Nagmamatyag ako sa mga nangayayari at sa mga tao tuwing nangangampanya pero wala naman akong nahalatang kakaiba sa kanila. That man who died advised me to go outside to learn but I guess he's wrong. I shouldn't have believed him.

"I didn't regret coming here and leaving the mansion. I thought I'd be sick if stay longer so I had to be out and breathe air. I also want to stay closer to Papa. I'm sorry I had to do it and left you."

"I know that your father means the most to you and I know you'd choose him over me. Sapat na sa akin ang sabihin mong mahal mo ko," he paused and smiled, with his relaxed eyes. "Do you mean it?"

I nodded as I look up at him.

"Then trust me. Trust everything that I promised. You don't have to burden with anything, especially with your thoughts. Sometimes it gets too heavy and it's not good to let it govern you," all concerned, he said.

Tumango ulit ako atsaka ngumiti.

"Are you really sure that you love me?" he asked.

"I'm sure," I quickly answered.

His hug tightened around my waist. "I feel the same way. And I rather show it to you, so trust me."

I gave him a peck on his jaw and asked, "Can you stay here? Huwag ka ng umuwi sa mansion. Dito ka nalang."

His eyes brightened. "Talaga?"

"Oo. Papa won't mind."

"Then, I should pack and get my stuff here," he said.

Nanatili kami ni Alfe sa pool ng ilang minuto hanggang sa may katulong na lumapit ar sinabing nandito daw si Mama. Nasorpresa ako at agad kaming umahon ni Alfe. I gave him an extra towel and since his clothes are all wet, he had to go back to the mansion and return here right away with his things.

We found Mama in the living room with Lottie. Alfe greeted my mother before he headed off to the mansion. Mama advised me to go change into comfortable clothes first and that's what I did.

"Ang hirap talagang makapasok dito, Trea," sabi ni Mama nang makaupo ako sa kabilang bahagi ng sofa.

"Bakit naman po mahirap?"

"Kailangan pang tawagan ang Papa mo para makapasok at ang daming nagbabantay sa labas," aniya.

Nahiya ako kay Mama. "Pasensya na po. Wala akong magagawa tungkol dyan dahil baka mapagalitan pa ako."

"It's fine. I'm already here. Anyway, bumisita talaga ako kasi bukas ay aalis kami ng Tito mo kasama ang mga bata. We're leaving Buenacarte for good, we'll move to Manila. Baka matagal ulit bago tayo magkita, kung gusto mo namang bumisita ay maari naman."