Chapter 42

There was just such a profound touch sensation during the entire travel. It's the best, Alfe made sure it's the best. The whole month in Spain was as quick as a second and I badly wanted to extend. We went boating, we went on museum dates, and more. If I could live there, I would.

We went straight to Italy after Spain where I met Alfe's relatives. They're fantastic and friendly. They didn't ask many questions about me or my background, they just welcomed me and chilled with me. I like that there's not much drama.

They asked about Alfe's parents but not much. His nonna Meliore was very hospitable, she cooked her specialty for us with the help of Alfe's aunt, of course, she's quite old but she's still active. And she likes talking about her food.

They live in Florence but they have a farm in the countryside of Tuscany. Alfe's cousin brought us there to sightsee. I don't like horseback riding but I did, to socialize. They can speak English but not fluently, at least we can somehow communicate. They're way so much better than Alfe's cousins back in Soralia.

"Live here. Alecar has citizenship here so there won't be any trouble," Rametta said.

"I don't like her mother, either. I hate her," Aurora added.

"She's a monster," Franco butted in and then began to laugh.

Alfe could hear them but he didn't say a word. From his look, he must have been used to hearing this from his cousins. I won't be surprised either. Signora and I were not closed and she was two-faced. I couldn't stand her but she's Alfe's mother, if I want to be with Alfe in this lifetime then I can't ignore her forever.

I haven't heard since then from Signora, Alfe doesn't seem to like to talk about her with me though I sometimes overhear him talking on the phone with her. When I try to open up a conversation about her, Alfe would right away refuse or start a new topic.

"She was scolded real bad by Zia when he accidentally spilled coffee on Alecar when we were around 10. Since then, he's scared," Rametta whispered to me talking about Franco. "Zia loves his sons so much."

"I think so too," I agreed. I suddenly remember the argument I had with Signora that time she laid her eyes on Alfe's injured arm. But, I know half the reason for it was because she doesn't like me for her son, that she doesn't like me at all.

I'm happy. I'm happy with Alfe. I don't regret a bit about having him. I won't get tired of saying how lucky I am to be loved by him... I got the best man in the world. But sometimes I can't help myself but think about Signora, I snatched his son away from her. I feel bad about celebrating her defeat and treasuring the trophy.

Alfe reached for my hand and helped me get off the horse. "I can't believe you did one lap without me," he complimented as he took the headgear off me.

"It's not so difficult," I proudly said with a smirk.

"Come on. They prepared something to eat," aniya.

I petted the horse's neck before I followed him. My stomach felt better when I saw boxes of pizza on the table. I thought we were having pasta again today. What I only like on the table for the past three days here in Tuscany was the wine they serve every meal.

Alfe was a little mad about the idea of having wine every meal but I insisted. At first, I was shocked but I get used to it. I really like the taste of the wine they're serving here.

Tonight, we'll drive back to Florence because we'll go home tomorrow. Sinabi ko kay Alfe na hindi na kami pupunta ng France. I shouldn't miss the chance but we've done so much, we should leave something to look forward to for next time.

Nonna was sad when we informed her we have to leave, after all, we only stayed here for a week. Bago kami umalis ay pinagbilinan nya si Alfe na kausapin at pilitin ang Papa na bumisita dito. It's hard for her to travel far so it's better for them to come to visit her here instead.