Chapter 36

It was heavy. My heart was heavy and I feel like it might drop any second. This is just the start, it's the first step away from him. It might be heavy but it's not hard, because it's the only way to not involve him.

On the way inside the mansion, Leonetti had this victory smile plastered on his face. I walked passed him and walked straight back to the room I was using. I took a deep breath to keep myself from crying, but it just made me sob.

I didn't want to cry, I had too many cries already. I hate that my broken heart turns into tears, I hate that my rage turns into tears and I hate that even my love turns into tears.

I lost my energy to pack my things neatly so I throw them all together inside my bag. I should be ready anytime Leonetti will say I could meet Papa. When I heard cars leaving, I peek over the window to watch Alfe drove out the perimeter.

It was an hour later when someone knock on the door. It didn't wait for my response and just opened it. I saw the same man from earlier. He advised me to follow him again since we were leaving. I instantly stood up and grabbed my bag with me.

"Where's Leonetti?" I asked him.

"He's in the car already," sagot nya.

"Am I meeting Papa?"

"Oo, kaya ay umayos ka," seryosong utas nya.

Maayos naman ako. Wala akong planong tumakas kung yan ang iniisip nya. I don't show any threat to them, and I'm smart enough not to cause Leonetti's annoyance.

The man opened the car's door for me. I found Leonetti's inside the car smoking his cigar, prolly waiting for me. I guess I have to endure the smell of his strong cigar the entire ride. Alfe smokes cigarettes but it's not as strong as he's smoking right now. I wonder if his lungs are still intact.

"About our deal," Leonetti opened up. "You can start running for a councilor. I can help you jump to become a mayor and then Governor in no time."

I really have to ride on his stupid idea about me in Politics. "That sounds like a good plan."

"You'll do better than Sebastian. Young, wiser, and... a woman. You can make men your servants, except me of course, you'll work for me."

Hindi ko sya sinagot. "Malayo pa ba tayo?"

"It will take hours of travel. How about you listen to my plan for you," he suggested.

"You have it figured out already. It's not like I can suggest better than you have already layout."

"That's good then," he said.

"Can I make a condition?" I asked.

"In exchange for our deal is your father's life. You can't ask for another one," he said.

"Hear me out," I insisted.

He grinned. "Go on."

"I want to be a lawyer," I bravely announced.

Tumawa sya ng hilaw. "Hindi mo na kailangan yan para magkaroon ng posisyon sa politika. Maraming nagagawa ang pera, at isa na doon ang pagbili ng mga tao. Ipakita mo lang ang pera mo ay tumitirik na ang mga mata nila sa saya."

I'm so disgusted with him, with my father. Do they really have to buy people and kill them in order to get what they want? It's the other way around now, I realized how people became a servant of money, how poverty makes powerless people be servants of those higher ones. Sila ang dahilan kung bakit naghihirap ang mga tao, ninanakawan nila ng karapatan, binibilog at inaabuso. They're using their name, influence, and wealth to manipulate and filter everything they want the public to see. Hindi naman talaga sila ang tumutulong,e, sila yung gumagawa ng mas marami pang problema. Most of all, they kill them if they get in their way.