Chapter 5 - The day before the battle

'I'm sorry' Clarke said making eye contact.
Roan gave her a confused look. Clarke knew that she wasn't the one that should be saying sorry, but it just came out. Roan was waiting for Clarke to give him a reason why she was saying sorry to him. But Clarke didn't have one. Breaking eye contact, she walked out of the long hallway with Roan standing there alone.

As she walked off she thought to herself. "That was pretty stupid" but she didn't care. Roan didn't understand Clarke at all, he didn't even understand what just happened he was speechless. While watching Clarke disappear
into the darkness he stood there. just for a moment, When he was about to turn around an azgeda guard was standing behind him.

'Roan Kom Azgeda you need to come with me'
The guard said seriously.
Roan knew that his mother wanted him already. As he walked to see his mother the commander was there too so it was important.
'Roan the challenge is set and you will be fighting for your mother' Nia said to Roan.

Roan wasn't happy about the challenge happening. That's what they were talking about at the meeting anyway. Roan looked at his mother in with disgust in his eyes. He didn't want to fight the commander, Especially for his mother. But the challenge has already been casted and there was no calling it off.
Now everyone in polis knew about it. That was the only thing the people were talking about now.

Of course Clarke had heard about it. She was worried for Roan he was about to fight the commander. And from what she has heard the commander has never lost a battle. Clarke thought that Roan had agreed to the challenge but what she didn't know is that he didn't have a choice. So she went to go find Roan and try to talk him out of it.

'What in your right mind were you thinking' Clarke said to Roan aggressively.
Roan turned around quickly with a look on his face that Clarke had not seen yet.
'What are you talking about' Roan said As He looked up and down at her.
'Agreeing to fight the commander' Clarke said upset with Roan.

That's when Roan realized what she was saying
'I didn't have a choice' Roan said breaking the eye contact.
Clarke looked at him with a confusion on her face.
'What do you mean you didn't have a choice' Clarke said quietly.
Roan was very hesitant to say something, He didn't like talking about his mother. As Roan started to get angry he grabbed his things and tried to walk away from Clarke, But Clarke didn't let him walk away from her without an explanation.

'No your not going to leave and not tell me how you didn't have choice' Clarke said seriously As she grabbed his arm.
Roan closed his eyes and took a breath before he stepped back looking down at Clarke with a look that told her it bothered him to tell her. But she waited until Roan gave Clarke the reason.

'I already told you i didn't have a choice. isn't that enough for you "Wanheda" Roan said as he stepped closer to Clarke.
As he took an step to Clarke she felt a bit overwhelmed by his presence getting closer to her. Eye contact didn't break while silence filled the room. Roan looked at her for a just a second before leaving the room.

As Clarke stood there while she looked at the floor, lost in thought.