Chapter 9 - the 13th clan

As the sun rises Clarke walked out of her chambers seeing flags being put at every end of the hall, loud Horns blowing. While grounders were walking back and forth across the halls. chatter filled polis, Clarke didn't understand what was this was about.

Clarke walked towards the throne room where she saw Roan and lexa talking. As Clarke entered the room it went silent everyone's eyes were on her. But it wasn't a surprise to Clarke. wanheda's presence always made any room go silent.

"What the hell is going on out there" Clarke
asked.
Lexa, the commander looked at Clarke with not a very pleasant look on her face.
"It's nothing you will need to worry about" Roan said turning over back at lexa.
"No it is something she needs to worry about" lexa said angry.

Clarke was confused. Did she do something?
Roan looked over at Clarke he hesitated.
"Clarke skaikru won't accept the coalition" Roan said not making eye contact.
Clarke was confused. She didn't understand why they won't accept the coalition.

"Skaikru killed 300 trikru warriors" indra said not amused.
Clarke looked at her shocked. That's when Roan and lexa knew she didn't have anything to do with the killing. But lexa and indra still had their suspicions about Clarke, she was wanheda.

Clarke looked at them speechless. Why would Kane do this? She needed to go to Arcadia and find out what happened to trikru's warriors.
"Let us have the room" lexa demanded while looking at Roan.
Roan was the last to walk out of the room leaving lexa and Clarke alone.

"Roan seems to care about you and your people
Lexa said looking out to polis.
"Lexa let me go to Arcadia I'll find out what happened here" Clarke said walking towards her.
"I know you didn't know about the killing but I can't let you leave polis" lexa said faced toward Clarke.

"Lexa please I can stop this war and whatever happened to trikru's army" Clarke said as she tried to convince lexa. Lexa and Clarke had been friends since mount whether so Clarke had hoped that lexa would let her go back to her people.

But her hopes had gone to high and lexa wouldn't budge. Clarke saw the she had started to get angry.
"YOU WILL NOT LEAVE POLIS CLARKE" lexa yelled without hesitation.
Clarke gave one final stare before leaving the room she wasn't happy with lexa now it ment the grounders would March on Arcadia. The war has been settled.

Lexa didn't feel guilty but she did regret yelling at Clarke. Clarke was a good friend to lexa maybe even the best! but she knew that skaikru had to pay the price for skaikru killing's 300 of trikru's warriors

Costia isn't dead in my story! 😌
"Go easy on Clarke" costia said walking out of the dark.
Lexa turned around.
"You shouldn't be here costia" lexa said quietly while turning making eye contact.
"You do realize that your starting another war. another war that could be prevented" costia said looking up at lexa.

"You don't need to worry about this costia. don't waste your time on this. I'll handle it" lexa said breaking the eye contact.
"Why won't you let Clarke go to Arcadia. You know that she had nothing to do with the bloodshed" Costia asked as she steped closer.

"It's to risky for Clarke to go back to Arcadia and you know it.. she's lucky that I'm letting her stay in polis" lexa said while looking back at costia.
"Maybe... but it's always a risk. We take them everyday you take them everyday with every decision you make lexa! You could stop a war if you let Clarke go to Arcadia" costia said showing a little emotion.

Lexa stayed quiet not making eye contact with costia.
"You can stop a war lexa. Clarke is your friend don't you trust her?" costia asked lexa curious.

"I do trust Clarke but you have to realize that she is also wanheda she could do many more things to our people then skaikru did. Lexa said to costia trying to keep her cool.
"I'm sorry costia I can't. Blood must have blood
Lexa said as she walked away.