Chapter 15 - the wrong timing

Roan had walked away from Clarke pushing her out of his way, he didn't do it on purpose but he wasn't thinking. Roan was upset and angry at Clarke but he also felt sorry, Roan felt he was wrong to yell at Clarke. He didn't mean what he said to her. But he let his emotions get to him.

Roan had went to his chambers as he slammed the doors shut. He had knocked over candles and knife's off the table in anger as he banged his head with his fist regretting what he said. usually Roan would just forget about it and try to distract himself, but when it came to Clarke he just couldn't let go. She was like a drug. Clarke was his addiction.

Roan had sat down at the end of his bed.
looking up at the ceiling. Why? Why Clarke, how do you keep me like this? How do you make me feel this way. Your a drug. You make me like this. Your my addiction. I can't let go. Roan talking to himself while pacing around the room. Lost in his thoughts.

That's when he had heard a knock on the door. Roan had thought that it was Clarke. He didn't want to answer. He had felt guilty. One thing about Roan is that he didn't like to admit his mistakes.

"Roan. It's costia" She said outside the door.
"Can I come in?" Costia asked with a soft tone.
Roan had hesitated before he got up to get the door. Roan opened the door to see costia standing there with a comforting look.
"Does Lexa need me" Roan said standing up straight.

"No I came to talk to you. May I?" costia said with a small smile across her lips.
Roan nodded as he opened the door fully letting costia come in.
"Why are you here costia" Roan said confident.
"I came to see if you were alright" costia said sitting down at the edge of Roan's bed.
"I heard your argument with Clarke" costia said quietly.

That's when Roan almost let out his emotions. The emotions that were boiled up inside of him
Thanks to Clarke.
Roan stayed silent. He didn't want to talk about it.
"Clarke seems to really care about you" costia said with a faded smile.
Roan looked up at costia.
"It was my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at her" Roan said with regret in his voice.

"Maybe. But you couldn't help it. That wasn't your fault" costia said.
"Well if it wasn't my fault then why would she care so much" Roan questioned himself out loud.
"Do you not see it" costia said standing up from the bed.
"She was willing to kill Lexa to find you" costia said stepping closer to Roan.
"She left her own people, her family to make sure you were alright" costia said again more convincing.

Roan looked at costia with some realization.
"Why would she do that. Why for me?" Roan said looking at costia with emotion.
Costia tilted her head feeling bad for Roan. That's when she realized that he never had anyone who really cared about him.
"Because she lov-" costia said before stopping herself.
"Because your her friend" costia said with half a smile.

It wasn't costia's right to tell Roan that Clarke loved him. She knew it but that wasn't her secret to say. Costia had put her arms out for a hug. She knew Roan needed one.
"I'm not really a hugger" Roan chuckled.
Costia gave him a full smile. The only person he would hug was Clarke. That made her realize how in-love they were.
"Then at least do something with this hair for me" costia laughed as she ran her fingers through his hair before walking out.

Clarke stood in the hallway. She said it. Clarke had said something stupid again!
God why do i do this. Why do i only do this with you. Clarke said to herself backing up against a wall. Clarke stood in the hallway for at least 10 minutes but to her it felt like hours that passed by. After Clarke thought about their heated conversation she decided she needed to talk to Roan and clear out the "disagreement" even though it was more of a argument.

As Clarke walked towards Roan's chambers she had saw that his door was open. Clarke was a little confused? Roan never left his door open. Clarke went toward the door as she peeked through the crack. That's when she had saw costia running her fingers through Roan's hair. From where Clarke was standing it looked like they were about to kiss. Clarke couldn't watch that happen. She ran. She didn't make a sound.  She didn't want to ruin their "moment"

Dammit Clarke.