Chapter 31 - don't

Clarke woke up while the sun rising, as she turned around she realized she was alone.
How early does this man wake up? Clarke asked herself before getting out of bed. While Clarke was getting dressed, putting on her top she had heard a knock at the door.

"One moment!" Clarke called out as she got dressed a little faster.
Clarke then looked over at the doors, the doors were tall with glass on the inside, the glass may have been blurry but whoever was behind the door could've seen her.

While Clarke was butting up her corset she had gone towards the doors, opening them for whoever was there waiting for her. As Clarke opened up the tall glass doors she had saw Roan.
"Well I'm glad you knocked" Clarke said as she buttoned up her 2 last buttons.

"Your the one that doesn't knock" Roan said in a sarcastic tone, walking in.
They both stayed silent as Roans eyes trailed toward her chest following back up toward her eyes.

"Did you need something?" Clarke asked.
"I uh - Roan cleared his throat - if you were going to get dressed you could've put on the dress that Lexa is giving you" Roan said trying to focus.
"Did I dress to fancy for your standards?" Clarke said with a smirk.

Clarke did put on a black buttoned up corset with a short grayish brown skirt with black leggings and tall laced rusted boots. To be honest she could just wear that for the ceremony.

Roan didn't laugh at her comment or do one of those hot sarcastic smirks that he would usually do. He just looked at her, his eyes locked on hers.
"Don't tell me your going to make me change" Clarke said breaking the eye contact.
"As much as I would want to I wouldn't want a knife against my throat when I wake up" Roan said sarcastically.

Clarke chuckled at his comment. Even though she was the one that found herself with a knife against her throat and Roan coming in, saving the day.

"Don't be to protective now Roan, you don't know who could have me wrapped around their fingers" Clarke replied with a grin across her lips.
Roan's expression changed instantly.
"Is there someone that I should be worried about? Or someone I should send for" Roan said as he took a step closer to Clarke.

Clarke could obviously tell that what she had said bothered Roan, they were soon inches apart from each other, Clarke really hadn't seen this side of Roan but she had put her head down, breaking the intense eye contact.

That's when they had heard guards running up and down the halls. Clarke turned to Roan.
"We should probably get going" Clarke said.
Roan didn't move, he kept his gaze on Clarke.
Clarke was forced to look into his eyes, his dark blue eyes, the ones that would watch her, the ones that would give the urge to go towards him, The ones that makes her feel.

Then there was a knock on the door.
"Clarke!" Abby called out.
Roan looked back at her before stepping aside.
As Clarke walked up to the door she had felt Roan's eyes on her, She had to ignore it. Clarke came up to the door opening it.

She had then saw her mother looking at her with some relief before looking at Roan.
"Stop staring at my daughter" Abby blurted out.
Clarke looked toward her telling her "don't" but Abby didn't listen to her.
"What if I didn't? Would a special someone be jealous or hurt me?" Roan replied.

Clarke then knew it wasn't the best idea to play around with Roan, making him think that she had her eyes on somebody else but in reality that somebody else was Roan.

"Yes! My daughter is out for someone and you aren't that someone!" Abby yelled as she stepped forward toward Roan.
"MOM!" Clarke called out.
"Then you can have that special someone talk to me and we'll see who your daughter is out for" Roan replied, standing up straight.

Clarke grabbed her mother's arm, pulling her away from Roan, Clarke looked back at Roan telling him to go. Roan soon left slamming the tall glass doors behind him. Clarke looked back at her mother.

"Mom what the hell is your problem!" Clarke hissed at her mother.
"I was defending you from that grounder" Abby replied, throwing her hands up.
"Defending me? You just ruined everything for me!" Clarke yelled.

"Listen honey we will take down Azgeda! Don't worry about the coalition" Abby said as she tried to rub Clarke's shoulders Clarke pulled away.
"I'm not worried about that mom! You ruined the relationship I had with Roan!" Clarke yelled.
Abby looked at her shocked.

"Whatever connection you may think you have with him forget it!" Abby yelled.
"No I won't! I trust him with my life!" Clarke argued.
"Clarke please why are you so against this!" Abby cried out.

"BECAUSE I LOVE HIM!" Clarke blurted out.
Abby looked at her own daughter, disgusted. Why would she even think to love him? Abby asked herself. She had given her daughter one final look before walking out.

Clarke leaned against her table, looking up at the ceiling, stressed and afraid.
"God damnit mom, great timing"