Chapter 24 - listen to me

When Roan whispered about Clarke being different from her people she wondered if he meant it out of love? Clarke thought she was crazy to think that Roan would actually want Clarke to be his queen, love was weakness anyway.

"Look Roan, please just let me talk to them. Maybe they'll have something bigger to offer then just war" Clarke said trying to convince Roan.
Roan didn't reply, that was the problem with Clarke she was his weakness, No cure.

"What makes you think I would come to terms with arkdia, they are a threat" Roan replied flat.
"Well you were able to come to terms with me, was I a threat?" Clarke asked while trying to prove a point to Roan.
Roan didn't say anything, he didn't want to speak.

"Look I know that trust is hard for you, but all I'm asking for is for you to trust me enough to finally live in peace with my people and yours" Clarke begged quietly.

"Clarke" Roan said before getting cut off.
"Please, for me?" Clarke said with little hope.
Roan looked at Clarke.
"It's not my decision, it's the commanders" Roan replied quietly.
Clarke tilted her head.
"If you want peace, talk to Lexa" Roan said in a husky voice as he walked away from Clarke.

Clarke stood in the middle of Roan's dining room thinking about what he had said, Talking to Lexa. He wanted skykru to become the 13th clan. But Clarke knew that arkdia wasn't going to accept the coalition but to save her people she knew something had to change.

Clarke sat down back in her seat, stressed as she brushed her hair back, not knowing what to do.
"Hard to accept that there's no way to save your people?" Echo said walking into the room.
Clarke lifted up her head.
"What?" Clarke asked confused.

"I've heard a lot about you Wanheda, well Clarke. That's who I've heard about" echo said in a displeasured manner.
"Really? Then by all means, enlighten me" Clarke replied leaning back in her chair with her arms crossed.

"Well for starters, I know you would do anything to protect your people which, unfortunately made you a murder" echo pointed out.
"War makes us murders" Clarke responded.

"Was it really war though if they were innocent people that just wanted to touch grass without being exposed to radiation?" Echo said obviously trying to push some of Clarke's buttons.

"Your really acting like you know everything about me" Clarke hissed.
"Let's just say Roan talks about you" echo responded not pleased.
"Yea well he's never mentioned you" Clarke said bold.
Echo slowly lost her cheeky grin she had across her lips.

"Don't think that your a important person to Roan or azgeda, just remember that Roan listens to me "Clarke" echo said resentful before walking out of the room slamming the tall glass doors behind her.

Clarke knew echo was trying to get under her skin but the incident that happened in mount weather didn't bother Clarke anymore. But there was one thing that echo said that did make Clarke think about how "Roan listened to her" but whenever echo came around it seemed like Roan did in fact listen to her.
Did he perhaps.. love her? Clarke asked herself.

Clarke knew she needed to stop overthinking it and focus on her people and the coalition.
She knew that she had to talk to her mother, Kane and Bellamy. But Clarke knew that she couldn't speak to them without Roan's permission.

Clarke hopped out of her seat and went to find Roan but as soon as she opened the doors she saw Octavia sneaking around the castle.
"Octavia?" Clarke hissed.
Octavia looked over surprised while slowly walking towards her.

"What the hell are you doing here Clarke!?" Octavia whispered.
"I should be asking you" Clarke whispered back.
"Bellamy, Kane and Abby were taken" Octavia answered.

"You can't be here Octavia" Clarke said.
"Why not? Your not locked up" Octavia replied.
"Because I made a deal with the king so just get out of here before your seen" Clarke demanded.
"Not without my brother" Octavia told Clarke.
Clarke nodded her head.

"Follow me" Clarke said leading her.
Clarke sneaked Octavia around and into Roan's chambers but only to find echo visiting.
"LOWER YOUR SWORD" echo demanded while "protecting" Roan.
"Wait! She's not a threat" Clarke replied.
"How dare you bring another one of our enemies into my kings chambers" Echo said humbled.

"How dare you be in MY partner's chambers" Clarke replied with a straight face standing up straight.

Roan gave Clarke a smirk While Echo gave Clarke a nasty look.
"Now if you would mind excusing us, we have quite some "business" to attend too" Clarke replied with a wink.
"Leave me, wanheda and the ambassador echo" Roan commanded stepping forward.

Echo was furious even though she didn't show it.
As echo left the room closing the doors behind her Clarke came forward.
"Before you say anything this is Octavia she's a friend of mine from arkdia" Clarke introduced.
"So she's another one of your people who invaded azgeda" Roan replied.
"She came to see her brother, Bellamy" Clarke said standing up straight.

"Well she can see him inside a cell" Roan said while walking away.
"Roan" Clarke said.
Clarke walked up to Roan grabbing him by his upper arm gently.

"Just 5 minutes" Clarke asked quietly.
Roan looked at her dead in her eyes.
"Explain" Roan said hesitant.

Octavia's mind
"So that was the "deal"
"Get the hell out of here knock off requelle"
"Wanheda and the king?"
"Just kiss him Clarke damn"
"Who is this echo bitch"
"Can't I just see my brother please"