Chapter 18 - special apologies

Clarke had woken up surprisingly early. As she had also remembered the little "chat" her and Roan had last night. Clarke just forgot about it and put on a dress. Clarke wasn't much for dresses but this one wasn't to bad. As Clarke walked downstairs she had then saw Roan in the corner of her eye. Watching her intensely.

They made eye contact for a moment before Clarke had looked away walking towards Lexa. As she turned her attention towards Lexa she had saw her with costia. Clarke stopped herself from interrupting them. Clarke was already upset as it is with Roan, costia and her own people. Clarke decided she would leave the tower to clear her head.

As Clarke walked out of the tower getting to the gate Roan had roughly grabbed her hand turning her around. looking into Roan's deep blue eyes.
"Where are you going" Roan said strict before Clarke could even react.
"I.." Clarke hesitated.
"Are you leaving?" Roan said a little worried.
"No I'm not. I'm going on a walk. Why dose it matter to you anyway?" Clarke said annoyed.

"In a dress?" Roan chuckled.
"Yes I am. Why?" Clarke asked as she tightened her boot laces.
Roan looked at her like she was crazy but at the same time he looked at her with love in his eyes. He had never seen Clarke in a dress before.
"Well I'm not going to let you" Roan said as he cleared his throat.
"Am I supposed to listen to you "my king" Clarke said sarcastically standing up.

Roan stayed silent. He knew she was mad at him because of what he had said to Clarke the other night. Clarke had then went to walk out the gate before Roan said something.
"I didn't mean what I said last night" Roan said not making eye contact.
Clarke turned around. Roan then looked up at Clarke.
"I know" Clarke said before she walked away.
Roan stood there. Nothing he could do to make her stay. Would she even come back? Roan asked himself.

It had been an hour after Clarke left Roan, Again Clarke didn't really know where she was going but she needed some space. Some time think but what if that was her problem? Clarke overthinks everything especially when it comes to the people she cares about. But with Roan.. it was different. She cared about him in a certain way. A complete different way. It was like she loved him. But that was the question she had kept asking herself. Did she really love Roan? Or was it a kind of love for a friend. She never felt this way about anyone. Not even Finn and they were crazy in-love. Well at least before she found out that he was in a relationship with raven.

Clarke decided she should go back to polis and see Roan Maybe let him explain. It was a hour walk back to polis hopefully the sun stays up until then. It had been 30 minutes and it was already dark. Not good for "wanheda" to be out in the forest during night fall. Clarke had walked more quietly this time. Roan had then suddenly broken into her thoughts. God she tried so hard not to think about him but man.. he was truly unforgettable. He was stuck in her mind no exit ever existed for him to escape.

Clarke was lost in her thoughts thinking about Roan. She got distracted as a grounder came up behind her with a knife against her throat.
"Wanheda" the grounder whispered in her ear.
"I've searched everywhere to find you" the grounder chuckled.
Clarke didn't know what to do. She was in a position that she couldn't get out of.
"Yu gonplei ste oden" the grounder said.
(Your fight is over)

"Like hell it is" Roan said as he drove a arrow through his heart.
Clarke looked at Roan shocked.
"Roan? How did you-" Clarke said before finishing her sentence.
"What the hell were you thinking staying out past dawn!" Roan yelled at Clarke.
Clarke looked at him with a confused look.
"Your the commander of death you can't just be out here on your own Clarke" Roan raised his voice while walking closer to Clarke.
"Well next time you should control your temper!" Clarke argued.

Roan scoffed. He had looked away from Clarke all though Roan knew it was his fault that she left the tower because he had let his emotions get the best of himself. Roan gave Clarke one final stare before he had turned around to walk away. But as soon as he did Roan felt Clarke's grip turn him around as soon at he did he had found Clarke's lips on his. Roan was shocked. Did she really just kiss him? Clarke had then pulled away. Catching her breath they had looked into each others eyes for a moment before Roan had returned her kiss. The kiss was gentle with a bit of bitterness. Both selfish for each other.

That's when Roan broke the kiss. That had then created awkward silence between the two.
"We should get back to polis" Clarke said under her breath looking up at Roan.
Roan nodded as they walked back, in silence.