Chapter 10 - the plan

Clarke walked out of lexa's throne room, upset and anger boiled up but she knew that there was nothing she could do. Clarke sat up against the wall feeling hopeless. She couldn't do anything for her people. They'll be dead in just a few days from now.

"lexa didn't agree to the coalition, did she?" Roan asked across the hall looking at Clarke.
Clarke looked up at Roan with little emotions.
"Nope, when lexa makes a decision she sticks with it. no one can change her mind not even me" Clarke said with an faded smile. 
Roan stepped forward out of that long hall.

"You don't ever give yourself a break. do you?" Roan said while admiring Clarke from a far.
Clarke looked back up at Roan making eye contact.
"Did you come up here to make me feel better" Clarke said sarcastically.
"That's never been my strength" Roan said taking a step closer to Clarke.

Clarke showed a slight smile as she broke the eye contact.
"Roan I need to get to Arcadia. I can't let my people get slaughtered by grounders without knowing what happened" Clarke said not amused.

The hall filled with silence. But only for a moment.
"I understand there your people. but I don't know how you will get out of here without being seen" Roan said as he crossed his arms.
Clarke sighed. She felt so hopeless she can't save her people, Not this time.

"But when the sun goes down. maybe we can get you out of polis and back to Arcadia" Roan said looking up at Clarke.
"No there are still just as many grounders on watch at night while during the day" Clarke said making eye contact.

"Well the good thing about during the night is that it's dark. We can sneak around the tower they won't be able to see us" Roan said quiet seriously.
"Who knew a king could be so cheeky" Clarke said with a smirk.
"Well I wasn't always a king" Roan said while breaking eye contact.

"Right.." Clarke said as she got interrupted by lexa opening up the tall glass doors behind Roan and Clarke. Lexa didn't look to pleasant. Clarke looked at lexa as she walked up to her chambers.

"Well she didn't look to mighty"roan said sarcastically.
"I wonder what it was about" Clarke said while watching lexa walk away.
Then Clarke looked in throne room as she saw costia sitting in a chair not to happy either.
"You know that they have a lot of relationship problems for "soulmates" Clarke said as she watched costia through the tall glass doors.

Roan looked at Clarke silent. The hall filled with silence as Roan peaked through the glass. "The ice Nation tried to kill her once" Roan said quietly.
"I'm surprised lexa let you stay in polis" Clarke said while making eye contact.
"It wasn't my intention to kill her. Besides lexa and I made agreements" Roan said careless.

Clarke turned around and stared into Roan's deep blue eyes. She didn't have anything to say Roan looked back at her for a while..
"Really, wanheda and our king" one of the ice Nation's guards said to a grounder.
"It isn't that bad if you think about it. Wanheda and your king" one of the nightblida's said walking past the hall.

That's when Clarke steped back breaking eye contact.
"I'll see you later tonight" Clarke said as she stuttered feeling stupid.
Roan stood in silence what was he supposed to think. See you later tonight Clarke...