Chapter 30 - A good nights rest

Roan was shocked, did Clarke really just call him darling? But Roan actually kind of liked the way she said the flirtatious nickname. Roan watched Clarke exit the room to see a guard following behind her.

As Clarke walked out of the room, leaving Roan she had felt someone grab her, turning her around to face them.
"Wanheda" The grounder said.
Clarke looked at them confused.
"I know you mean well Wanheda but I can't let this alliance tear my clan apart" the grounder told.

He had then pushed her against the wall with a knife against her throat. As the grounder was about to slit her throat Roan came up behind the grounder pushing him off of her, pining him on the ground, stabbing him.

"Roan!?" Clarke called out with relief.
Roan turned to her as he pulled himself up to check Clarke, he had gotten really close to her lifting up her head to see her throat. Roan had crouched down, making sure she was ok.

Clarke felt his hot breath against her throat.
"Roan, I'm fine" Clarke said quietly.
"Last time this happened you said that" Roan responded as he stood up.
"That's because your people are more aggressive" Clarke said.

Roan chuckled at her sarcastic comment.
"Really Roan, I'm alright" Clarke said.
Roan looked at her hesitate.
"Don't worry about me" Clarke said softly, taking his hand in hers.
"I wouldn't have too if you would stop getting yourself into these situations" Roan said sarcastically.

"So what your saying is that I should be by your side 24/7?" Clarke asked, returning his sarcastic attitude.
"That would be fine with me" Roan smirked.
Clarke laughed as she stepped away, blushing.
"Clarke" Abby called out.
Clarke looked toward her mother to see her not amused with her.

"Come, I need to talk to you" Abby said.
Clarke turned around to look at Roan.
"I'll talk to you later" Clarke told softly.
Roan watched her as she walked away, He did think that her mother didn't like Roan that much. Like she didn't trust him, but Roan shook it off.

"What are you doing with him?" Abby hissed.
"We were just talking" Clarke replied confused.
"Clarke, Can't you see how suspicious he was that whole meeting!" Abby pointed out.
"Mom he's not dangerous! He wouldn't do anything to harm me" Clarke hissed.
"Clarke, I beg you, please stay away from that grounder!" Abby begged.
Clarke scoffed.

"You know, you don't need to worry about me anymore mom, I can take care of myself" Clarke replied in a quiet tone.
"Your my daughter! How could you even say that?" Abby cried out.
"Look, I'm not a baby, if you want me to stay away from Roan, your gonna have to make me" Clarke said clearly upset as she walked away.

Clarke didn't know what to think at this point, it's like nobody wanted her around Roan. But for some reason, she just couldn't stay away. Roan was someone she trusted with her life.

As Clarke got lost in her thoughts she had bumped into Roan yet again.
"Roan" Clarke said before getting cut off.
"You ok?" Roan asked.
"Yes I'm fine" Clarke said a little out of breath.
Clarke stepped away from him.

"Roan, Clarke" Titus greeted them.
"Titus" Clarke greeted him.
"Since you have brought your people within the walls of polis we unfortunately don't have enough rooms for you two, you both will have to share a room" Titus told, standing up straight.

"Wait what?" Clarke said clearly surprised.
"Don't you have extra rooms?" Clarke asked.
"We did but they are being constructed at the moment" Titus replied.
"But! - Clarke sighed - Roan! You can't seriously agree to this!?" Clarke asked Roan.
"We'll make it work" Roan said to Titus.
Titus nodded his head before walking away.

"Roan you do realize we are sleeping in the same bed?" Clarke reassured him.
"Im aware of that" Roan replied.
"Would you at least hear me out?" Clarke told.
"Are you worried that I'm going to do something to you?" Roan said turning toward her.

"Roan I'm not worried about that!" Clarke yelled.
Roan's eyes widened.
"Your embarrassed"Roan said with a cheeky grin.
"No! I'm not" Clarke said quickly.
"Pretty sure you are" Roan said sarcastically.
"Roan!" Clarke yelled.
Roan chuckled.

"Don't be embarrassed Clarke, Lexa has king sized beds anyway" Roan said with a smirk.
"Also, I wouldn't mind if I woke up with you on top of me" Roan flirted.
"Roan Kom Azgeda!" Clarke shouted.
"Just trying to make you feel better darling" Roan replied.

There it was again, that flirtatious nickname that would always send shivers up here spine.
"That certainly didn't make me feel better" Clarke scoffed toward Roan.
"Look I promise, you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about" Roan said.

"Well what if someone sees us and thinks we're sleeping together?" Clarke asked.
"Let them think that" Roan replied as he opened up the door for Clarke.
"Did just forget that your king or something? If people think we are sleeping together then-" Clarke said before Roan put his finger on her lips.
"Stop stressing" Roan said in a low and tired voice.

Clarke stared up toward Roan while his finger slowly slid off of her lips.
"Turn around" Roan said so he could change.
Clarke did what he asked as she found something to wear to sleep. After they were both done changing they had gotten into bed, back to back.

"Goodnight darling" Roan said.
"Goodnight" Clarke replied.