Chapter 20 - reunion

It had been 3 months since Roan went back to azgeda. During those 3 months Clarke decided she would stay in polis. She was more then welcome to stay with Lexa in command. Besides where else would Clarke go? Not back to arkdia that's for sure. She didn't want to deal with her people. Especially with pike still in command.

After the 3 months passed everyone was at peace. At least she had thought.
"Clarke!" Madi said worried as she opened up Clarke's doors.
Clarke turned around quickly.
"What is it?" Clarke asked concerned.
"It's arkdia, azgeda is going to wipe out skykru" madi stuttered.
Clarke looked at madi shocked.

"Where did you hear this" Clarke asked in a strict tone.
"I overheard the 12 clan's talking" madi replied.
Clarke nodded her head.
"Stay here madi, don't say anything to anyone" Clarke said as she exited her chambers.
As Clarke got to Lexa's throne room she opened the tall glass doors aggressively.

"What happened with arkdia" Clarke asked.
Lexa looked over at costia.
"How did you find out" costia said waiting for a answer.
"I overheard the guards talking in the hall" Clarke responded.
Costia then looked over at Lexa as she nodded.
"Skykru is the only clan that isn't in the Lexa's alliance" costia said.
Clarke gave a confused look.

"skykru is an threat to azgeda since they could attack any moment" costia replied.
Clarke was disappointed, She knew that this was Roan's doings while he knew that Clarke was skykru.

"Commander, is there anything you could do to stop this war on my people" Clarke asked walking up to Lexa.
"I'm still waiting for an response from the king" Lexa said.
"Until then there isn't anything I could do" Lexa replied in a unfortunate tone.
Clarke looked away in disbelief. But that's when she got an idea.

"What if I went to azgeda" Clarke said with some hope in her voice.
Costia had then looked over.
"No you can't, if they see you in azgeda they will have your head" costia replied quickly.
Clarke stayed silent for a moment.
"They would need to warn the king first" Clarke replied not looking toward costia.
"What's your point here Clarke" Lexa asked.
"Roan wouldn't kill me" Clarke answered.

"What makes you so sure" costia asked walking up to Clarke.
Clarke stayed silent.
"I know him to well.." Clarke replied turning her attention towards costia.
That's when costia remembered. Roan and costia had a conversation before Roan left polis. It was about Clarke. It was quite obvious that he loved Clarke.

"Fine, but only a week Clarke. If you aren't back by then.. we will have to send someone out to azgeda" costia demanded.
"It won't come to that" Clarke said with a slight smile across her lips.

Clarke was positive about this plan but she did have second thoughts about going to azgeda. She didn't know what Roan would do if she did go. It had been 3 long months since she last saw him. Clarke tried to shake it off as she took the fastest horse towards azgeda.

After she left polis her thoughts came back to her. She kept asking herself if this was the smartest idea cuz it wasn't the brightest. But as Clarke got locked up into her thoughts she felt a sharp dart hit the back of her neck Causing her to pass out in the middle of the forest.

After a few hours Clarke had woken up in a cold empty concrete cage, her hands were chained to the floor. That's when she knew she was inside azgeda's walls. Did Roan know? Clarke asked herself. Clarke had no way to get out of these chain's that's when Clarke started feeling hopeless.

"Bring wanheda to the king" an echoing voice said in the distance.
That's when the doors opened violently.
"On your feet" the azgeda guard demanded.
Once Clarke stood up her chains were broken.
"Forward" the guard commanded as he pushed her violently.

Clarke had a bag on her head covering her face.
"Wanheda as requested, should I sound the war chief's" a voice that wasn't familiar.
"No, get out" a male voice said.
Soon enough the doors behind Clarke closed. Footsteps came closer to Clarke. Then the bag was taken off of Clarke's head, that's when Clarke saw his face. It was indeed Roan.

"It's always something with you, isn't it" Roan said not to pleased to see Clarke.
"Roan" Clarke said with relief in her voice.
Roan just stared down at Clarke.
"I warned you about coming here Clarke" Roan replied with no emotion.
"We need to talk" Clarke answered.
Roan looked away from Clarke.

"About what, there is nothing left to say" Roan asked in a angrier tone.
"Arkdia" Clarke replied.
"I can't let you go to war on my people Roan" Clarke said.
"Your people are a threat towards my people" Roan responded.
"They haven't done anything towards Azgeda" Clarke raised her voice.

"They aren't in Lexa's alliance, they could attack any moment Clarke" Roan argued.
"Out of all people I would think you would understand" Roan said turning away from Clarke
"You think I would understand going to war on my people for literally nothing" Clarke replied.
"Your not a king Clarke" Roan said.
"I was a leader" Clarke argued.
"You didn't have these choices" Roan argued back.

"You didn't even know if I was in arkdia!" Clarke yelled over Roan.
Roan looked over toward at Clarke with tears in her eyes.
"Were you really willing to let me die" Clarke asked quietly.
Roan just looked into her eyes. He didn't have any words left to say.

"Don't play games with me Roan, we've been through this long enough" Clarke said upset.
"Im sorry" Roan said under his breath.