Chapter 21 - something new

Clarke just stood there, speechless. It didn't matter that Roan said sorry to Clarke. She was still upset about how heartless he had become.

"It was a mistake coming here, I'm leaving! You can go to war on my people if that's really who you are now Roan" Clarke said angry.
As Clarke went to walk out the door Roan had grabbed her by her waist making her turn around facing Roan.

"I can't let you leave Clarke" Roan said.
"Get out of my way Roan" Clarke said as she tried to push him away from her.
Roan just stared at Clarke with words left unspoken.
"Let me guess, your going to kill me" Clarke said.
Roan didn't flinch, he knew that azgeda wanted her head.

Clarke took a step closer.
"Do it. Show me how heartless you really are Roan" Clarke threatened.
Roan gave her a silent treatment.
Clarke scoffed.
"Of course you can't, just because you don't show your emotions anymore doesn't mean you can hide" Clarke said quietly.

Roan looked away from Clarke. God, she was so intimating.
"Even if you did walk out of this room, echo will have your head" Roan said.
Clarke stepped back.
"I thought that's what you wanted" Clarke responded.
Roan kept quiet.

"I know that's not what you want Roan, I know there's still a part of you that cares for me even though you try to hide it" Clarke said.
"I do what's best for my people Clarke, not for you" Roan said angry.
Clarke stepped back, upset.
"So you just stopped caring?" Clarke asked.
"What the hell happened to you Roan? Who made you like this" Clarke asked upset.

"Nothing happened to me Clarke" Roan replied.
"Well your not who I remember" Clarke said.
Clarke didn't know what to think. Usually she would've been out of there by now but she would be dead if she walked out that door.

Roan and Clarke just watched each other. Nothing left to say. Roan had then broken the eye contact between the two.
"You can't even look at me, how would you kill me?" Clarke said.
"Get out Clarke" Roan demanded.
Clarke didn't leave, she stayed.

"Clarke" Roan said under his breath.
Clarke stepped forward toward Roan.
"What's wrong with you?" Clarke asked.
"you make me week" Roan replied hesitant.
"Is that why you kept me from coming here?" Clarke asked softly as she tilted her head.
"God just go Clarke" Roan whispered stressed.

Clarke took a step closer in confusion.
Before Clarke could say anything else echo opened the doors.
"Sire" echo said before seeing how close Clarke was to Roan. Before Roan or Clarke could react echo pushed Clarke away as she grabbed a sword pointing it directly at Clarke.

"How dare you get that close to my king" echo yelled at Clarke.
"Lower your sword echo" Roan commanded.
Echo looked over at Roan surprised but to Clarke it looked like jealousy.
Echo stepped back as Roan gave her a nasty look.
As Clarke was about to get up Roan had helped her. Echo had never seen this side of Roan before. What was the chemistry between them? Echo asked herself.

The way that Roan was holding Clarke made echo jealous, scary jealous.
Clarke looked over at Roan as he still had his hands on Clarke's arms at they found her shoulders, But soon he let go after realizing.
"Don't you ever come in without knocking, and especially attacking wanheda without my consent do you understand me echo" Roan yelled.
Echo nodded her head still angry about Clarke and Roan.

Roan turned to Clarke.
"Get Clarke a room" Roan said
Clarke looked at Roan confused.
"But sire?" Echo said strict.
"Are you questioning my decisions? " Roan asked a little angry.
"No sire" echo said.
"Then show her to a room, make sure it's on the 6th floor" Roan said as he walked away.

As Clarke followed echo she did feel threatened by her presence. Echo had already tried to kill her but she didn't think she would do anything since echo seemed loyal to Roan. When they finally reached Clarke's Room Echo gave her an glance.

"If you need anything else you can talk to me" Echo said as if she was faking it.
Clarke nodded as she walked into her room and it was really clean, just how Clarke likes her room. But Clarke still didn't know why Roan had Clarke stay in azgeda. As Clarke was laying down on her bed reading an ancient novel she had heard a knock on her door.

As Clarke got up to open the door it was Roan.
"May I" Roan asked.
Clarke nodded letting him come into her chambers.
Roan had his hair down, while his shirt was unbuttoned a little. Clarke had to admit, he looked hot.
"Clarke?" Roan said pointing out his eyes.
"My eyes are up here" Roan smirked.
"What?" Clarke was confused for a moment before realizing.

"Stop being such a smart ass and tell me what you wanted" Clarke said embarrassed.
Roan chuckled before his face expression  changed.
"I wanted to apologize for how.. "careless" I've been since you've came back" Roan apologized.
Roan didn't like to admit his mistakes but he knew that he had to apologize for his attitude towards her.

"It's alright, sorry for causing trouble with your people" Clarke responded.
"Not your fault, my people should apologize to you" Roan joked.
Clarke chuckled.
Roan just admired Clarke, god she made him crazy for her.

"Was that all you wanted to tell me?" Clarke asked.
"Anything you would want me to tell?" Roan replied softly.
"Is there something you should?" Clarke said as she smiled.
"A lot of things" Roan said sarcastically.
Clarke laughed.

After Roan admired Clarke for a moment he had gotten up walking towards Clarke.
"The door" Roan said with a slight smile.
Clarke then stepped out of the way. As Roan was about to leave Clarke had taken his hand. Roan turned around expecting her to say something but she stayed quiet.

"Goodnight sire" Clarke joked.
"Don't call me sire" Roan replied as he walked out of Clarke's chambers.