Chapter 27 - hurt

Roan was inside of his chambers with Abby patching up the wound from the knife that Bellamy had stabbed him with. Soon after Abby was done echo entered the room, not pleased.
"Get the doctor back in the cell" echo shouted in trigedasleng to the guards.

As the guards took Abby away echo went to talk to Roan.
"I told you that skykru couldn't be trusted" echo said quietly.
"I don't trust skykru, I never will" Roan replied.
"Then why did you agree to make a deal with our enemy!?" Echo hissed.
"Nobody wants war echo" Roan said looking away from her.

"We don't have a choice sire, skykru is a threat! You know that" echo said loudly.
"War isn't always the best choice!" Roan argued.
Echo looked at Roan angry.
"Why are you so against wiping out skykru, before you wanted nothing more then to march on arkdia" echo asked.
Roan looked up at her.
"Wanheda" echo whispered to herself as her eyes widened.

"Sire, I beg you, send away wanheda" Echo demanded.
"She'll betray you one day Roan, cast her out, don't let her make your decisions for you" echo said seriously.
"She doesn't make my decisions echo" Roan said bitter as he got up, putting on a shirt.
"neither will you" Roan said looking over toward echo.

Echo's face expression changed quickly.
"Sire" echo said before getting cut off.
"Get out" Roan demanded.
Echo was again angry, but she soon left Roan to do whatever he intended too.
Roan looked away as he leaned against his table, thinking about what to do next.

While Roan was stuck in his thoughts, someone had opened his doors. Roan looked up immediately to find Clarke.
"Roan!" Clarke said relieved.
Clarke ran toward Roan, holding him tight in her grip. Roan was surprised but it was actually quite nice. Roan put his arm around her awkwardly before Clarke pulled away.

Roan looked into her eyes, words left unspoken.
"I'm glad your ok" Clarke said with an awkward smile that spread across her lips.
Roan nodded his head.
They didn't say anything, just looked into their eyes.

"Sire, the war chiefs are ready to speak with you" one of the guards said.
"One moment" Roan said as he stood up.
"Roan, your still healing" Clarke said as she put her hands on his chest, stopping him.
Roan looked down at her.
"Don't start" Roan said as he pushed her out of his way.

Roan soon left the room, leaving Clarke alone.

After the meeting.

Clarke was walking down the hall to see the war chiefs leaving Roan's meeting Room. Clarke decided she would go see Roan. As Clarke walked into the room she had then saw Roan sitting down on his chair, he looked weak, like something was hurting him. Clarke obviously knew it was the knife that Bellamy stabbed him with.

"Roan" Clarke said.
Roan lifted up his head.
Clarke saw his hand on his stomach where the wound was.
"Let me take a look at that" Clarke said as she came toward him.
Roan stood up from the chair leaning against the table, lifting up his shirt.

As Clarke took off his bandage she examined his wound. Her cold hands against his warm skin, sent shivers up his spine.
"It needs to be cleaned" Clarke said as she looked up at him.
Clarke grabbed alcohol, as she poured it on a cloth Roan watched her as Clarke rubbed the cloth on the wound, Roan groaned from the burning.

After Clarke was done cleaning it Clarke examined the wound again. Her hands soon wondered up to his chest, soon Clarke realized what she was doing and soon stopped, she had then begun to apply pressure to his wound.

As Clarke's fingertips dug into Roan's skin the pressure continued. Roan pulled Clarke closer to him aggressively, inches apart.
"Enough" Roan said under his breath while breathing heavily.

Clarke looked at him, his palms against her hips.
Roan's eyes soon meet hers.
Roan then let her go slowly, Clarke stepped back.
"Change the bandage" Roan hissed.
Clarke came closer to him, changing his bandage, both quiet. Once Clarke was done Roan put his shirt back on.

As Clarke cleaned up her supplies Roan came up behind her.
"Thanks doc" Roan said in a husky voice with a slight smile.