Chapter 32 - a celebration

Roan stormed out of the room, who the hell was Clarke talking too? He didn't know what to think at this point. Roan soon found himself in front of the commanders throne room, As Roan entered the room to see costia, Lexa, Kane and Abby.

Abby looked straight at Roan, angrily.
"Roan, what brings you here" Lexa asked.
"Why the hell is it so busy out there?"Roan asked.
"Most of polis doesn't agree to the coalition, besides the ceremony is important" Lexa replied.
Roan nodded his head as he had leaned forward against the table before Abby said something.

"I'm sorry heda, but I would like Roan to leave" Abby spoke up.
"What's your reasoning" Lexa said lifting up her head, all eyes on her.
"As much as I would want peace, I still don't trust azgeda" Abby said glaring over at Roan.
Roan dropped his head down, knowing that she didn't like him because of the connection of him with Clarke.

Lexa looked over at Roan.
"May I talk to you in private" costia said looking straight at Roan.
Roan lifted up his head, nodding as they stepped out into the hall.
"Ok now what is going on between you and Clarke's mother?" Costia hissed.
"Nothing, apparently she just doesn't trust me" Roan replied not looking toward her.

"Then Let me rephrase that, what's going on between you and Clarke" Costia asked once more.
"Nothing, it's not any of your business anyway" Roan hissed.
"I've been around you two long enough to know that something happened" costia said.

"When you guys get into a argument your the one that would leave first with Clarke inside of her room for at least an hour, plus you and Abby are obviously not on the same page" Costia told.

"Roan what happened?" Costia asked.
Roan was hesitant to reply to her, he knew that he could trust her, but he didn't know the right words to say.
"Her mother doesn't like me because Clarke clearly has her eyes on someone else" Roan said.
Costia looked at him, trying to hide her smile knowing that he was jealous, god they were so in-love.

"Roan, I've known Clarke for a while now and she hasn't ever been in-love with anyone while I've known her, besides after you left she stayed in polis, she didn't see her mother once all she could talk about is going to see you without getting herself killed" costia told Roan.
Roan lifted up his head.
"Her mother is just being protective over her daughter, the reason why she probably doesn't trust you is because you locked them up and killed their people" costia continued.

Roan felt so stupid after realizing what the real reason was behind his actions.
"Now stop being jealous and get ready for the ceremony" Costia said pushing his shoulder.
"I wasn't jealous" Roan mumbled following behind Costia.

Time skip to the ceremony.

Clarke was inside of her chambers tightening her belt around her dress, Clarke thought about the coalition and Roan accepting the terms Kane and Abby made with Azgeda and Lexa, but she was worried about her mother not trusting Azgeda. Abby did have enough power to ruin the agreements and the coalition.

While Clarke was finishing up her war paint she had heard a knock on her door.
"It's open!" Clarke called out.
Not long after Kane had came into the room.
"Clarke, we need to talk" Kane said.
As Clarke put down the paint she had turned towards Kane confused.
"What is it?" Clarke asked concerned.

"Your mother, she has grown this hatred for Azgeda, mostly Roan. I know that you and him are pretty close so I wanted to know if you knew anything about it" Kane asked.
Clarke sighed annoyed.
"She doesn't trust Roan for whatever reason then me and her got into argument about it so I'm not surprised" Clarke told as she closed the paint angrily.

"Look Kane, please try to convince her that I'm safe with Roan and Azgeda, I don't want to start a war between the two people I lov-" Clarke stopped herself.
Kane tilted his head, Clarke gave him a unfinished smile.
"Please don't let her ruin this" Clarke begged.
Kane nodded his head, giving her a smile before walking out of the room.

Clarke watched him exit the room, once he had closed the door she had sat back down, questioning whether this was a good idea. That's when one of the guards called out for Wanheda, it's time.

Clarke had then walked down the hall, before reaching the tall glass doors she had stood there for a moment before pushing them open. Right when Clarke had walked down the carpet toward Lexa she felt like she was getting married, she already knew everybody's gaze on her but she could pacifically feel Roan's eyes on her, only her.

Clarke stood in front of Lexa before bowing down to the commander, Roan bowed right after her letting everyone else bow down with them.
"Hail worriers of the 12 clans" Lexa's voice filled the room.
"Hail commander of the blood" everyone replied.
"Rise" Lexa commanded.
As everyone rose up, that's when the fun had begun.

After the chanting.

"We are one clan" Lexa said in trigedasleng.
The clan's repeated after her.
"Then let's begin to honor our guests" Lexa told as she stepped down from her throne.
That's when the room filled up with chatter with Lexa walking up toward Clarke.
"Talk to Roan, celebrate before the night ends" Lexa said softly as she walked past Clarke.

A smile spread across Clarke's lips as Lexa walked past her, she was a great friend to her. Clarke turned around wandering around the room, looking for Roan. Clarke soon realized that Roan wasn't in the Room but why would he leave Clarke asked herself.

Clarke soon exited the room while Clarke looked around it didn't take long to find him. She had then felt her back pushed against the wall roughly, Clarke lifted up her head to see Roan standing right in-front of her. He was inches apart from Clarke to where she could feel his hot breath against her lips.

"Roan-" Clarke said but then got cut off by Roan kissing her deeply.
Clarke didn't know how to react, Roan's lips kissing her again and again and again. Clarke pulled away gasping for air.
"Roan what if someone sees us" Clarke said out of breath.
"Who the hell cares" Roan replied kissing her again.

Clarke returned his rough kiss, she could tell that Roan craved her kisses, Clarke pulled away again.
"We can't do this here" Clarke said.
"Where do wanna take this then" Roan's words turned into whisper.
Clarke smirked at him.

"Unfortunately, I don't think we can take this anywhere, I have to be with Lexa and-" Clarke said before getting cut off.
"As long as one of your people is in that room they won't even notice that your gone" Roan hissed.

Clarke chuckled as she looked back up at him pushing him off of her gently.
"Let's see if your right" Clarke said as she grabbed his hand dragging him out of the hallway

Well I wasn't expecting this to go this far 🤭 but we will see what will happen in the next chapter with Abby and the rest of her people.