Chapter 29 - leadership

As soon Clarke left the room Roan realized how in-love he was with her, with her personality and strength, independence, her beauty, but Roan pushed away his feelings, only because he knew the consequences that would come along being with her.

"Sire" echo said from the other side of the doors.
"Enter" Roan called out.
Echo then opened the doors, not happy.
"Sire, I beg you, let me take down skykru! They are a threat and our enemy!" Echo yelled.
"Didn't I tell you that you won't make decisions for me" Roan said not amused.

Echo stayed silent.
"Say your peace" Roan demanded.
"Skykru needs to fall Roan, you know that" echo said trying desperately to get through to Roan.
"Not anymore, skykru has surrendered and accepts the coalition. I'm going to polis at sunrise to meet with the commander" Roan told.

Echo looked shocked, furious.
"Forgive me for saying this but, Wanheda isn't who she portrays to be Roan. She's a player! She isn't good for you Roan!" Echo argued.
"Maybe she isn't! But I know that I care about her more then myself!" Roan hissed.

Echo looked at him shocked.
"Are you- are you in-love with her?" echo asked.
"I didn't say that" Roan replied.
"Well that's what it sounded like" echo hissed.
"That's because you rephrase everything I say" Roan said cold.
"Now if you would excuse me, I have a meeting at sunrise" Roan told as he walked out.

At Sunrise.

The sun had risen a little earlier then usual, but Roan still had enough time to get ready for the trip to polis. As Roan put on his armor He heard a knock on his door.

"Enter!" Roan shouted.
Clarke opened up the doors, to see Roan put on his heavy armor. Roan looked over to see Clarke standing there in a dark corset with tight ripped black leather pants and her hair braided in such a beautiful and tangled way.

"I see you've learned to knock" Roan said as his eyes avoided Clarke.
"My people are ready, we just need you" Clarke replied in a calming tone.
Roan didn't reply, he had taken his time with putting on his armor. Clarke watched him put on the armor he took his time with. while her eyes trailed off to his hair, back, arms and extra.

As Roan finished putting on the armor he had looked over to see Clarke checking him out basically, Roan smirked. Roan walked away to grab knives and his arrows.
"Your acting like we are going to war"Clarke said.
"Maybe, but you don't know who's going to be out there" Roan said as he collected his last arrow.

"Trees" Clarke said sarcastically.
Roan chuckled.
"Right, guess your still getting used to being on the ground" Roan replied turning toward her.
Clarke gave him a sarcastic smile. Roan then grabbed his sword, tightening up his gloves.

"Time to go darling" Roan hissed in Clarke's ear.
Clarke froze for a moment before following behind Roan. Forgot about the nickname. Clarke said to herself.

Roan and Clarke had eventually gotten down to the horses to find Abby and Kane tided up. Clarke didn't feel it was necessary but nothing she could really do about that.

Clarke looked over toward her mother before the guards had pulled up Abby on a horse. Clarke looked away, hoping that this meeting will go well.

"Clarke" Roan said.
Clarke looked up at Roan who was on his horse.
"Come on" Roan told as he patted the front of the horse, telling her to get on.
"We are going on the same horse?" Clarke asked confused.

"Yeah we are, get on" Roan said as he put out his hand for her to grab.
"Can't I ride behind you?" Clarke asked.
"Can't take the risk of you getting hurt Wanheda" Roan said with a smirk.
Clarke was hesitant at first before grabbing his arm, pulling her up on the horse, against his chest.

"You've been on a horse before, right Clarke" Roan said in an alluring voice.
"How do you think I got here?" Clarke replied.
"Good" Roan said.
That's when the horse took off, Clarke wasn't expecting the horse to be that fast. Now she understood why Roan wanted her in the front.

When they arrived at polis.

Once they arrived at polis Roan had gotten off of the horse first, putting out his hand for Clarke's. As Roan helped her off the horse Clarke lost balance for a moment.

Roan chuckled.
"You've been on a horse before, Right Wanheda?" Roan asked sarcastically as he tied up the horse.
"Shut up"Clarke replied to his sarcastic response.
Roan kept his cheeky smirk across his lips before walking over toward azgeda's guards.

Roan noticed the look on Clarke's face to see her mother and Kane still tied up.
"Untie them!" Roan demanded.
Clarke looked up at him surprised but thankful that he could show his loyalty towards her people after what had happened with Bellamy.

Roan walked up to Clarke.
"Let's go" Roan hissed as he walked past her.
As Roan lead the way Abby came up behind her.
"Clarke, I don't like the idea of this" Abby whispered to Clarke.
"Don't worry mom, he won't do anything to you or Kane" Clarke said with a smile.

"I'm not worried about me or Kane" Abby hesitated.
Clarke's whole expression changed.
"He wouldn't do anything to harm me mom" Clarke hissed.
"You don't know that" Abby responded.
"I trust him!" Clarke talked over Abby.
Abby's eyes widened before she nodded her head, walking beside Clarke.

Clarke glanced over at her mother before she walked closer to Roan. Soon enough they reached the tower to find at least ten guards.
"Azgeda and skykru?" The grounder scoffed.
"We need to speak with Lexa" Clarke said before Roan.

"I don't trust azgeda or you Wanheda" the grounder reassured them.
That's when Roan punched the grounder, knocking him out.
"Was that really necessary" Clarke hissed.
"He wasn't going to let us through" Roan replied as he let himself into the tower.

they had finally walked through the hall towards the commanders throne room before Roan had said something.
"Haven't been here in a while" Roan said under his breath.
"Maybe you'll find another reason to stay here" Clarke said with a smirk.
Roan chuckled.

That's when they had reached the tall glass doors. Roan pushed the doors open to find Lexa and Costia surprised to see Roan and Clarke.
"Roan?" Costia said confused, looking toward Clarke.

That's when they moved out of the way for Abby and Kane to walk right past them.
"We would like to become the 13th clan" Kane said as he rouse his hand.
Costia looked toward Clarke with a smile, thankful that Clarke stopped a war between azgeda and skykru.

During the meeting.

"If skykru is going to become the 13th clan your people have to behave themselves, if I catch one of your people disobeying my terms of this coalition, they will be sustained to a kill order, is that clear" Lexa said.

Clarke obviously didn't want to agree to this part of the deal but Clarke hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Everyone nodded their heads, agreeing to Lexa's terms.
"Then it's settled, skykru is now one of us! They are now 13th clan!" Lexa called out.
"the ceremony will start tomorrow at sundown" Lexa told as the guards walked out of the room.

Clarke looked over at Roan with a small smile that showed Roan she appreciated him and all of the choices he made. Before Clarke walked out she had whispered something to Roan.

"Thank you darling" Clarke whispered with the same cheeky grin that he would have across his lips every time he had called her that.