Chapter 7 - the undiscovered feelings

Once the queen had died it was obvious that Roan was now king of azgeda. It was his birthright to take the thrown after his mother.
Even though Roan had lost the battle he didn't have to agree to The commanders coalition now that he was king he could call off the deal and act like this agreement had never happened.

Roan talked to the commander and broke the terms of the coalition that his mother had set with the commander. While Roan and Lexa talked about the agreement and terms about ice nation being the 12th clan.

After the meeting and agreements we're over with, Roan was going to stay in polis for a little bit because of the "tribute for Queen Nia" was going to be going around in azgeda. He didn't want to be there while the tribute for his mother was going around. So that's what he did.

While Clarke was cleaning herself up she looked across the hall and saw Roan setting his things down. Clarke was confused wasn't he Going back to azgeda? She asked herself.
'Weren't you going back to azgeda'
Clarke asked Roan from across the room.

Roan looked at her making eye contact. He didn't realize Clarke was behind him.
'I am going back to azgeda' Roan said with confidence.

'Then why did you set your stuff down'
Clarke asked confused.
Roan didn't look at her. He didn't want her to know that he was staying in polis even though she was bound to know at some point.
'I will be staying until the tribute for my mother has gotten over with'
Roan said with quietly.

That's when Clarke realized what this was actually about. She knew that Roan didn't have the best relationship with his mother. The room filled with silence while Roan sat back in his chair. Clarke felt sorry for him but she honestly didn't know what to say to him to make him feel better.

'I'm sorry about your mother' Clarke said to Roan not making eye contact.
Roan looked directly at Clarke.
'Don't apologize. We weren't even close anyway Roan Said not facing Clarke.
As Clarke looked up at Roan she already knew there was pain in his eyes even though Clarke couldn't see it but feel it.

As Clarke walked towards Roan she hesitated for just a moment. But she wasn't backing out now. As Clarke went in front of Roan.
'Look I know that we don't know each other very well but whatever happened between you and your mother I'm sorry' Clarke said as she felt sorry for him.

Roan looked up at her showing the emotion in his eyes that told Clarke there was more to this then she had led on too. Finally The one time that clarke wasn't going to hesitate. She got interrupted.

'Wanheda the commander wants you' the grounder command.
'I'll be there just give me one second' clarke said looking at the grounder.
As soon as the grounder walked out of the room Clarke got up and walked to the door but Before Clarke walked out.

'If you need someone to talk too my chambers are open' Clarke said quietly as she left the room.