Chapter 28 - memories

"What is your problem Bellamy!?" octavia yelled.
"I was protecting us!" Bellamy argued.
"Protecting us? No, you were protecting yourself" Octavia argued.
"It may seem like that, but when are you going to realize that the grounders are dangerous O!?" Bellamy said.

"Stop acting your in-charge bell because this isn't your decision" Octavia replied looking over at Kane.
"Peace is the goal on the ground, but thanks to Bellamy, I don't think we have a chance" Kane replied.

"Clarke will get through to Roan" Octavia replied.
Bellamy looked angrier then he was before.
"What do you mean by that?" Bellamy asked.
"What do you mean by that" Octavia said.
"All the sudden Roan and Clarke are buddies now?" Bellamy asked annoyed.

"Look bell, I don't know what's the connection between the two but I know that their friends and he listens to Clarke" Octavia replied.
"Of course Clarke has a connection with the grounders now too" Bellamy pointed out as he looked at Octavia.
"Not all grounders are bad Bellamy! One day I hope that you will see that" Octavia yelled before walking out of the cell.

With Roan.

Roan was upstairs in his chambers, standing on his balcony, thinking, mostly thinking about Clarke. How beautiful and independent Clarke was, but he did think about what echo said.

What echo said about Clarke making his decisions for him, he knew that a good leader must make hard choices. While Roan was thinking about skykru and what to do with Clarke's people, Clarke payed him a visit.

Roan already knew that it was Clarke walking threw his doors, Clarke never knocked, unlike echo or the rest of his people. Roan didn't look her in the eyes, he just stared out toward his kingdom.

Clarke walked up to him with her arms crossed as she stood right next to him, looking out toward azgeda.
"the kill order" Clarke asked quietly.
Roan looked a little surprised as he dropped his head down.

"I've been around Lexa enough to know azgeda's punishments" Clarke replied to his silent response.
"Echo wants his head for stabbing me" Roan responded standing up straight.
Clarke looked away, a little disappointed, was she jealous of echo's connection with Roan?

Roan noticed Clarke avoiding his eyes. Was it about Bellamy or echo?
"What's on your mind" Roan asked hesitantly.
"Nothing, just- thinking" Clarke replied.
Roan knew it was a lie but he didn't think she wanted to talk about it. That soon created awkward silence between them.

As Roan was looking out to azgeda Clarke didn't turn toward Roan. She really wanted to talk to Roan about what she was thinking. but she couldn't find the words to say and not make it sound like she was jealous.

"What's the connection between you and echo" Clarke blurted out.
Roan turned toward her a little confused, before he realized what she was thinking which quickly spread a smirk across Roan's lips.
"Why'd you ask?" Roan replied.
Clarke looked up at him, feeling stupid.

"Forget it" Clarke said sarcastically.
Roan slightly chuckled.
"Nothing, she's just a spy that helped me lead my people" Roan said.
"So she's important to you" Clarke whispered.
Roan looked back over at Clarke.

"Never knew that you were the jealous type" Roan said cocky.
"Jealous? No, why would I be, it's not like we.."Clarke said before she stopped herself.
A smirk slowly spread across Roans face.
"You did kiss me back in polis-" Roan said before Clarke cut him off.

"That's not why I came up here!" Clarke talked over Roan.
Roan kept his cocky smirk across his lips.
"What are you planning to do with my people" Clarke asked clearing her throat.
"Depends darling" Roan said in a alluring voice.
Clarke's eyes widened.

After Roan realized what he just called Clarke he immediately regretted it. But at the same time he wanted to continue calling Clarke "darling"
"What did you call me?" Clarke asked confused.

"Let me know what your chancellor says" Roan said as he walked away, completely ignoring the fact that he called Clarke darling.
Roan then left his chambers, Leaving Clarke with questions unanswered.

Later on Clarke talked to Kane and her mother about being at peace with azgeda. Honestly they were surprised that Roan was still willing to make a deal with skykru. But soon enough Clarke was able to get her people to agree to Lexa's coalition, now all she had to do was bring the news to Roan.

After Clarke finally finished talking with Her mother and Kane about the terms to Lexa's alliance and azgeda's conditions, they were able to come to agreements with Roan's deal. Clarke was relieved that her people and azgeda could live together in peace. Only if Roan agrees to the terms that skykru wanted to set.

Clarke soon found herself in-front of the tall glass doors that lead to Roan's meeting Room. Clarke stood up straight as she entered the room.

Roan lifted his head up as his doors were opened.
"I've just finished talking to my people, they accept the terms of azgeda and the coalition" Clarke told.
"And Bellamy?" Roan asked looking up.
"He wasn't part of the meeting" Clarke replied.
"I see" Roan said under his breath.

"Tomorrow skykru will go to polis for a meeting with the commander" Roan demanded.
Clarke nodded her head before turning away towards the door, about to walk out before Roan stopped her.

"Wait" Roan called out, pulling himself up from the table.
Clarke turned around to see Roan walking toward her, hesitant.
"Clarke, if I may.. could I rephrase your name" Roan stuttered slightly.

Clarke looked at him with a confused but surprised expression.
"Well - Clarke chuckled - what did you have in mind?" Clarke asked.
Roan gave her a little smile before responding.
"To call you, darling" Roan hesitated.

Clarke's whole expression changed in a instant.
"Darling, you want to call me - pointing at herself - darling?" Clarke asked a little shocked.
Roan didn't say anything, he stayed silent.
"Alright, ok you can call me darling if you want" Clarke replied obviously confused but honestly it didn't really bothered her that much.

Roan had an relieved feeling washed through Roan, happy that he didn't blow it with her.
Clarke gave him a smile before walking out and back towards her chambers. With echo right around the corner, listening in.