Chapter 6 - the battle

While Clarke was lost in thought about what had just happened between Roan and her. she couldn't help but feel something, It was like butterflies in her stomach feeling. But she tried to shake it off as she went to try and find Roan but she couldn't.
'I guess I was standing there for a while' Clarke thought to herself.

Roan was still training for the Kombat that was happening that day, He only had a few hours so he made the most of it. That's when his mother requested to see him. Even though he didn't want to see his mother he knew he had too.
As he walked in the dining room he saw his mother was sitting there eating with ontari.

'Make this quick' Roan demanded.
'Don't worry I will just one quick question' queen Nia said while she seemed not to happy.
Roan stood there quite inpatient waiting for his mother to speak.
'Didn't you tell me wanheda got killed by an grounder' Nia said not pleased with her son.

Right when his mother said that he knew exactly what this was about.
'I don't have time for this' Roan said as he was about to walk out the tall doors.
But his mother stood up she wasn't going to let him leave that easy.
'GUARDS' Queen Nia cried out.
As the guards grabbed him and faced Roan to his mother.

'Let him go' Clarke demanded.
'Sorry Wanheda but we don't take orders from you' said one of the guards.
Clarke walked up to Queen Nia with a serious look on her face.
'He's telling the truth Nia A grounder did in fact capture me' Clarke said with a straight face 'then explain how your still alive' Nia asked.

'They don't call me wanheda for nothing' Clarke said with a slight smirk on her face.
Nia looked up at her. Clarke did sound pretty Convincing to her. Besides Roan and Clarke are enemies, no way wanheda would stand up for him at least that's what Nia thought..

'Let Prince Roan Kom Azgeda free' Queen Nia commanded.
Then she looked back at Clarke. 'Don't interfere with anymore of my conversations with my son ever again' she said as she walked back to her seat.

Clarke looked at Nia for a moment before grabbing Roan. as they walked through the long halls Roan had stopped.
'You didn't have to defend me I had that under control' Roan said looking at Clarke.
'Are you sure about that because to me it looked like you were about to get yourself locked up for letting me go free' Clarke said not amused.

Roan rolled his eyes breaking the eye contact.
Before he walked away.
Clarke was curious about Roan. He has always been secretive about his past and with his mother. Again she just shook it off as she  realized Roan wasn't going the right way. He was going to the field. The battle has started there was no time to talk him out of it now. As she went the other way because she knew she couldn't get through the way Roan went unless she was the one fighting.

Then the war began...

As The commander drove a spear through the queen it now meant that roan became the king of azgeda. Long live the king until our next chapter.