Chapter 27

"Let go of me!" I screamed as Katniss, Josh as Peeta holding me with his arms and dragging.

"I can't." He said quietly. I thrashed around, trying to get away from his tight grip.

"Cut!" Francis called.

"Great. Take a break everyone. The end is nearing!" He clapped his hands together and walked off with a few assistants.

Josh let go of me and I stood up straight, smiling at him. We hadn't talked much since last week, apart from today, but in character. This is the first time Josh and I have being alone, keeping a strange distance.

"Nice acting, girl on fire." He laughed. I joined in.

"You too, mutt." I joked. He grinned.

"Hey, that's my line!" He sighed. We chuckled. The silence grew and I looked into his eyes. I didn't know what to say.

Many Capitol actors walked off set, their make-up laughable. But mostly it was the soldiers around. Liam wandered around with Woody. I missed these people. They weren't just my co-stars, they were my best friends. And Josh...I meet his eyes again. I didn't know what we were.

"Peeta's insane." Josh rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. But Katniss loves him." I winked. He gave me a genuine smile that made my heart flutter.

"That's true. She's insane, too. They're perfect for each other." Josh started walking towards the food table, me following. I thought about what he had said. Did he mean something else? Was he only talking about Peeta and Katniss? I decided not to think about it. He probably only meant it as he said.

He picked up an apple and studied it.

I was thrown back to another place, another time. We were standing in this exact spot, him offering me an apple. We weren't much more than best friends. Just like we are...now.

"Want one?" He offers me an apple. Now it really feels like I'm back. I shake my head.

"No thanks." I shrug. I don't want to relive that life. I just want...I don't know what I want. I want to be with him. I want to love him and I want him to love me. I want to kiss him and tell him I love him. I want an endless list of wants.

"I might hang out in my trailer." He nods before walking off.

I just want to stop him. But I can't.

Liam walks over, a grin plastered on his face.

I look up at him and see those familiar eyes.

"Josh?" Is all he asks, but I understand.

"Friends." I reply simply.

"Ouch." His grin turns to a frown.

"I'm sorry about that, Jen." He sighs.

"It's all good, Liam." I smile at his concern. We share a long hug and he stays with me for the rest of our break.

"I can't believe this is nearly over." He shakes his head, seemingly puzzled.

"Me neither." I look at the ground. I don't like to think about it. The best thing to happen to me is ending, there is no ways to describe how it feels.

"Jennifer! Can you get Josh from his trailer? It's almost action." Francis calls to me.

"Okay." I answer hesitantly. Liam gives me a small smile of comfort and I jog to Josh's trailer.

I am about to walk right in, but I stop myself. Josh has privacy I need to respect now. I knock loudly.

"Josh!" I yell. There's no answer.