Chapter 39

JOSH'S POV

"Claudia, just tell me the truth so I can continue on with my life." I sighed, impatient with this dilemma.

"You want me to be honest?" She said, leaning in closer, her lips brushing over my ear.

"The baby isn't yours." She whispered.

"Okay." I sighed of relief, standing up.

I felt my worries wash away as I thought in my mind of the future with Jennifer Lawrence. Nothing else to interrupt it.

"Josh." Claudia pulled me back down, so I was within inches away from her.

"I want you. I always have." She spoke in a hushed and raspy tone. But it wasn't attractive, or persuasive. I just wanted to get home, where I belonged.

"No you haven't." I shifted.

"Yes, I have. And don't deny that you want me too. I see it." She tugged on my arm, begging me to move into her lips, but I turned my head the other way.

"I'm with Jennifer! And your baby is nearly due with that Roger guy. It's too wrong." I shake my head.

"Just kiss me. Once. It's all I ask." She spoke, and I glanced at her, only to see her frowning.

"I can't do that." I huff.

"Yes, you can." She ran a hand down my arm, and I felt uneasy.

"I just can't..." I felt myself losing control, falling back into Claudia's game. I had to compose myself- but she convinced me otherwise.

"I don't bite Josh." She whispered, and I sighed.

"If I kiss you once, promise to leave me alone and not ruin my relationship with Jen?" I close my eyes.

"I promise." I know she's smiling.

"Let's just get this over with." I straightened, turning to face her.

"Not so rushed. You used to be a lot more relaxed." She laughed, wrapping her arms around my neck. I felt my throat go dry.

"That was because I was dating you at the time, not cheating on Jen with you." I bit my lip.

"You're not cheating...you're just having fun." She said, running a hand through my hair.

"I wouldn't call this fun." I sighed.

"Don't lie to me Josh. You want this just as much as I do. You're just scared of losing your stupid little girlfriend." Claudia smirked.

"Don't you dare call her that." I snapped, breaking away from her arms.

"You know what, I'm not going to do this. Do whatever you want, but I'm happy with Jen and that's how it's gonna stay. There's no way in hell you're ever coming between us." I shout, then go to the door.

As I open it, I feel a force pull me back into the apartment.

Quicker then I can comprehend, Claudia has her arms around me and her lips on mine with passion.

"Let's show them what we're made of." She speaks against my lips, then pulls us outside into the open, before kissing me once again.

I hear clicks of cameras from behind the fence, and that's when I push Claudia away.

"Get away from me! I've told you a billion times, I'm with Jen, now go away and stay away." I yell, my heart racing as I get into my car and drive away as fast as I can.

I can't believe it. I may have just ruined my chances with Jen once again. Claudia tricked me- and now there are photos of us kissing. Of course Jen will see, and how would I explain myself? I tried so hard not to fall into Claudia's game, and here I am.

The loser.

*
JEN'S POV

I anticipate Josh's arrival, although I have being worried sick, I know nothing happened, I just hope the baby isn't really his.

I feel a smile form on my lips as I hear his car pull up. I rush to the door and open it, only to see his miserable face.

"Josh!" I laugh, jumping into his arms. He's slow to accept the embrace, but as soon as he does, he holds me tighter than ever.

He buries his head in my shoulder and I hold him close. Is he sad? Or just happy to see me? Either way, I need to know what happened.

"Josh." I whisper.

"The baby isn't mine." He replies quickly, and I feel a weight fall off my shoulders.

"Thank god." I breathe, and allow myself to sink into his arms.

Out of nowhere, he takes my face in his hands and kisses me gently. I'm taken aback, but feel relief as his lips connect to mine.

"You're happy to see me." I say against his lips.

"I just missed you so much." He replies, and we shuffle into the apartment as he slams the door behind him.

I feel him lift me up a bit and I wrap my legs around his waist, our lips never breaking apart.

"Is everything alright?" I pull away for a moment.

"Yeah. Everything is fine." He gives an unconvincing smile, but I don't question it. Not yet, anyway. No matter what is wrong, I don't want to ruin the moment by asking.

I press my lips back onto his, and we move them in sync.

"You're my world, Jennifer. You mean so much to me. I can't even express in words how happy you make me." Josh presses his forehead to mine.

"I love you, Josh." I smile, our chests rising and falling.

"I love you too." He replies.

"Am I heavy?" I laugh.

"Not at all, I mean after all, you're sort of doing all the work at holding yourself up." He replied, and I grinned.

"No fair." I laughed.

"Fair for me." He smiled, then kissed down my neck.

Our eyes met with that same look of lust I had seen before. I knew where this was going.

He carried me to the bedroom before lowering me down and kissing me again.

I wrapped my arms around him, and he hovered above me.

"I love-" He said, but was cut off by the phone.

"Don't answer it." I sighed.

"I have to." He said, already breaking away from me. I frowned as he walked out and I sat up.

I heard anger in his voice and I moved quietly as I tried to listen.

"Can you stop making us out as something that we aren't? That kiss meant nothing, Claudia, nothing! And it will never be said to anyone, got it?" He was saying.

With that, I had heard enough. I felt my heart break and felt betrayed.

Why was I not surprised?

He had done it again.

***

Double update woo!! Enjoy it :)

Updating ASAP