Chapter 5

I take a deep breath, inhaling the stuck air. Francis calls ACTION and I go right into scene.

I start to run down a tunnel, pulling along Peeta's arm as I do so. I press against Gale's back to guide him, but he knows exactly where to go. Leading, he pulls me around a corner and I hit the wall hard.

I close my eyes as he pulls the rest around the sharp corner, then ducks himself, the 'bomb' going off down the other side of the tunnel.

I sink to the ground when we don't hear any more peacekeepers coming, and we finish the scene there.

"CUT! Good work everyone." Francis calls, clapping his hands together; probably excited about the fact it's all working out.

Liam stands up, clearing his throat and calming his breathing. Josh pushes the wall for support to stand up.

He gives me a glance, but quickly looks away when I meet his eyes. He hasn't got over it yet, he probably never will. We won't be friends like we used to be.

I bite my lip.

"Nice work," Liam shoots me a smile, "shame it's nearly over."

I nod, suddenly remembering the film is coming to an end. I won't be able to see everyone each day, the thought makes me frown.

"Yeah, it's being a great trilogy." Josh reads my thoughts, and he walks off, brushing past me.

I look over my shoulder as he walks to his trailer. Every day after we've finished filming he goes to his trailer and stays there for the rest of the night.

I've tried seeing him before, but it was no use, he would either pretend he wasn't in there or go to bed.

"Is he alright?" Liam asks.

I make eye contact with him before nodding. I can't afford to tell anyone, I know that Liam would never tell; but it's too complicated.

"Oh, alright." Liam rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah." I breathe.

"Hey Jen, can you come here for a second?" I hear a voice behind me, it's gentle and quiet. I turn around and see Josh standing in the doorway of his trailer, leaning on the wall.

I look at Liam and manage a smile.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" I say.

He nods, smiling.

"Sure."

With that, he walks off, probably to the crew.

I walk over to Josh, trying to contain my happiness that he wants to talk to me again.

He gestures for me to sit on his couch and he closes the door.

I wonder what he's going to tell me, the last time I was sitting on this couch he said he loved me, I wonder what other surprises he has up his sleeve.

He takes a seat next to me, giving me the slightest smile possible.

"Jen, I don't want our friendship to end; I know you don't want that either. What happened the other night, what I did...it was stupid. You don't deserve this, to have this comotion. I'll make it clear, I love you, but not like that. I have been thinking things over, and you were right, we both have our loves. I don't need to be apart of your life like that, and I won't make you think I am. But I'm sorry, in the end you were right." He explains.

I listen carefully, tasting his words. It makes me feel mixed emotions, how much I would like to tell him he means a lot to me too; but I know it's not the right thing to do. Besides, I don't want to cause more trouble for this friendship, I just want Josh and I back, the ones who always talk to each other and share a laugh on set and can bring up just about anything that comes to mind and it wouldn't be weird.