Chapter 21

Day 1

Josh's POV 

I stand by the door, holding Jen as tight as possible. I don't want to let her go. But I decided this, I can't get out of it now.

I try take as much of her into my brain as possible. Her lips, her eyes, her hair, her laugh. I kiss her over and over, getting the same result; happiness. How much I will miss her- but how much of a difference this could make. It could be good after this, easier.

Finally, I take her face in my hands and crash my lips onto hers, giving her a long and passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." She sighs as we break apart.

Maybe all we needed to do was this and everything will be fine.

I smile at her.

"I love you so much too." I say and give her another long kiss.

"Don't get too hungry while you're away." I laugh, sliding my hand into hers.

"Always." She smirks.

She'll be staying at her old house for the week, knowing that would be probably be simpler. I, of course, have a lot of worries. In fact, thinking about it, this is the dumbest idea I've ever had. But I trust her love for me is as strong as mine. We are not going to do anything we will remeber or regret.

"You have so many bills to pay for that house." I grin.

"True," she rolls her eyes, "but I think Nick paid most of them."

I do swallow the lot of jealousy that goes through me at the mention of his name.

"Wow, you're the big celebrity with the big money and he's paying it all?" I tease, holding her tighter.

"I thought when you were with me that's how it usually went." Jen laughed.

I flashed a smile, but it immediately vanished at the thought of letting her go again.

"Usually." I whispered, giving a small kiss on her tangled hair.

We parted and I held her hand until the last second. She gave me a wave, frowning slightly. I held up my hand and tried to wave, but it felt so slow and pointless.

I know now why we chose not to continue working for a while, we became too attached to each other.

"See you in a week." She called as she drove away, her bags packed sitting on the passenger seat.

I watched the car drive into the distance until it was a haze. I groaned before walking inside and closing the door behind me.

The silence became noticable right away, what was I supposed to do now? I swear there could be crickets going off by now. I felt so lonely already. She was the life of this household, now I have to make use with this boring piece of junk.

I started by sitting on the couch, but it felt weird without her beside me. Was I too emotionally attached? Was she already calling Nick, inviting him over? The thought of them together, drinking some wine, sat on the couch watching television, and then it starts, a kiss on the cheek at first, but they work their way to each others lips...

I'm flashing to something else now, Jen explaining herself, without success.

"It was just a kiss. I swear. It was only a kiss! Josh!"

I bury my face in a pillow and curse over and over. What have I gotten myself into?

It's then I glance up and see a phone beeping. My phone. It flashes on and I stumble over to get to it in time. Jen! She might want to come back home!