Chapter 17

I don't see Josh for at least a month until I decide we should talk. The nerves of seeing him, the tears I'm prepared to shed.

I'm in my car on the way, and I'm barely dressed formal. Practically in my pajamas. However this talk will go, I hope it goes quickly.

 I think of seeing his eyes and lips, and everything about him makes me want him even more. I wish I could just kiss him and make-up; but I have a feeling that's not how it will work.

When I arrive to his place, I rush inside, careful from the paparazzi that have thankfully stayed away from me these past few weeks.

I don't knock on the door, I just walk in, knowing he wanted to meet at this exact time. When I do see him standing in the kitchen, laughing about something, I am slower to approach.

"I know. Hopefully the interview goes well today." He straightens, talking to someone I can't see from here.

I see him though, peeking through the door, his elbows leaning on the table and someone across from him. His hair is combed back and he's wearing a very nice suit. A blue button-down shirt, black suit-pants, and a red suit-jacket. I wonder what the occasion is for. Then I worry who he's talking to.

"Everything will go fine. You'll get to see Jennifer, you'll get back into the interviews. I mean, a good way to get recognised again, right?" I hear the persons voice. It's not a girl's voice, so it's not Claudia. The voice is familiar, though. I've heard it before.

"I don't care about getting recognised. I'm there for Jen; because I love her. Hell, I wouldn't care if I wasn't famous, just as long as I had her. I don't know if she'd do the same, is all." Josh says with passion in his voice.

I wipe my eyes before any tears come. He still loves me. I would do it for him too, any day. I wish he knew it.

"Well, I'm glad you know what you're doing." The man clears his throat.

Who is it?!

"I do. I do. I've changed, I've thought about everything and I know what I want." Josh nods.

"Good."

There's a silence and I toss back and forth on coming in or leaving. Josh wanted me over, but yet he has an interview?

Of course.

It was a month ago he told me we had an interview for Mockingjay, when he said we could talk today he probably meant there. Crap. I have to go get ready! I'm stopped, though, before I walk out I realise who the voice belongs to.

"Thanks for coming over, Nick. I know it was hard." Josh says sadly.

I freeze, many questions coming to mind. Why is he here?

"Not at all. I'm over Jennifer, and I want her to be happy. I know she is with you." Nick replies simply.

I smile slightly, but it fades away. I can't stay here, I need to go. So I rush out and get away before he can go. I likely speed on my way home; everything was revealed and although I wasn't really involved, it felt like I just had the talk with Josh.

I just wish it wasn't Nick he was talking to.

And then again, I do. As Josh must've felt guilty the whole time about it but never told me. Now was his turn to apoligise. It seems he will be at peace knowing Nick knows how he feels.

I stop thinking about it as I get ready, the whole time preparing my own make-up and clothes without a bunch of stylists around me. I think this interview is a big deal, since it's the first one to go on the subject of Mockingjay, so I dress-up as much as I can. It's also in front of a live audience.