Chapter 13

I put my hands to my mouth to stop the scream, but nothing comes. I'm way too worried.

Josh walks in and smiles, before looking at my state.

"Jen?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

I have tears in my eyes, and I give him the longest glare ever known.

"You little-"

I'm interrupted when he gets a message, a beep from his phone. He picks it up and opens the notification before I can reach it. He doesn't know I know, but no wonder he tries to get it before me.

He gives a small frown and digs the phone back into his pocket, paying attention to me.

"What's up Jen?" He sits on the edge of the couch, trying to put a hand on my shoulder, I move before he can reach me.

He creases his eyebrows.

"You're angry at me again?" He asks sternly.

"Angry? Oh no. I'm not angry. But if you don't meet Claudia tonight she might be." I stand up and walk off, leaving Josh to realise what I said.

I catch his eyes widen as I brush past him.

He follows behind me to the kitchen, rushing.

"Jen-" He tries to explain as I sit down, now his face filled with guilt.

"Don't bother. I should've known, you guys are having a baby together. I just figured since you made me leave my boyfriend maybe you would be a bit more respectful? But, hey, what do I know?" I cut in, sneaking my keys into my pocket.

I don't even have the energy to cry, I feel empty. Josh betrayed me, betrayed my trust. He never left her, I should've known. Meanwhile he tried to make me feel bad about it.

He shakes his head and tries to walk to me, but I just walk past him.

"I'll see you Josh." I say, not angrily or sadly, just blandly. There is no more emotion in our love anymore, there is no more love in our love anymore.

"Jennifer!" He calls after me as I walk out the door, I slam it on him and he struggles to open it.

I get in my car and lock the doors, seeing him running to me. I start the car, I have no time for this.

He bangs on the window for as long as he can, but I drive away.

I see in my side mirror him standing there, watching me drive. His sad look, the way his eyes are watery. His frown and the way his body is limp, like he can't stand much longer. Like he just wants to crawl away. It makes me sad, and I let a few tears fall. I should've let him explain, maybe, but I couldn't stand to be around him much longer.

I slam my hand on the steering wheel a few times, driving aimlessly.

Of course, the way he talked about her, the way he was talking about having a baby with her, everything. He never stopped loving her. It's like me and Nick. Except, Josh was the one I loved, Nick was the victim and Claudia was the enemy.

It's all gone now, my heart is so broken. It's almost impossible to transfer my emotions into words right now.

My phone starts ringing. I know who it is, but I answer it anyway. Because that's me.

"Hello?" I say croakily, my voice blocked by tears.

"Jen. If you let me explain..." Josh's voice.

"There is nothing to explain." I breathe.

No answer.

"It's...over." I say, my heart shattering as it comes out.

No answer. He is crying. I'm sure of it.