Chapter 11

"You're back tomorrow?!" I squeal into the phone.

Josh raises his eyebrows and I nod, indicating Liam is. Josh grins.

"Sure am. I can't wait to see you guys."

I can picture the smile on Liam's face.

"Me too! We've missed you heaps, Hemsworth." I fall back onto the couch.

"Same here, Lawrence. Tell my brother he missed out!" Liam chuckles.

Of course, Chris couldn't come, he was in the middle of filming.

"Will do," I smile.

"Bring me back a t-shirt!" Josh shouts into the phone.

"Don't you think I've already planned that?" Liam says and we all share a laugh.

"I've gotta go, I'll see you in the next few days, Lawrence."

"See you then, Hemsworth."

The phone line cuts off, and Josh and I grin.

"I'm excited." Josh bounces onto the couch.

"Yeah." I smile.

I look at my watch as Josh continues to talk, and cut him off.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I grab his arm, pulling him up, "Nicholas is coming home in 10 minutes, you- you just, go."

Josh watches me as I rush around, packing things up, empty pizza boxes, dvd cases, his face is blank.

"Jen," He stops me, "what's the problem?"

I sigh.

"Don't you think it's...awkward?"

Josh stiffens.

"Well, no. Why would it be awkward?"

I bite my lip. I don't know, to be honest.

"He doesn't really like you..." I stop myself before I blurt out everything.

"I know that, Jen." Josh laughs. "But he doesn't know anything, and neither do we. We're not hiding anything." He manages a smile and straightens.

"Uh-"

"How about you go get something nice on for your boyfriend, instead of pajamas?" Josh grins.

I bite my lip again, and try force a smile.

"Good point."

"Although, this is the new fashion," I add as I walk up the stairs, "well- for me."

Josh laughs and I go to my bedroom.

*

I come back downstairs dressed in a white and black pokadot dress with beach sandals and a leather jacket. I curled my short hair, and it all works somehow.

"Wow." Josh stares.

"You look beautiful; I honestly- I feel kind of lucky to see you first." Josh clears his throat as his eyes go light blue in mesmerization.

I kick my steps until I'm at the bottom, our eyes connecting.

"Thank you." I whisper.

There is a silence, it's not awkward or ear-piercing, it's just our eyes focused on each other, staring with so much passion.

I haven't changed how I feel about him, I'm just convincing myself I have. He's still Josh, people go crazy for him, they love him more than anything. In this moment I feel like a fan, like I've never seen him before. The way he shines and like he has no flaws. He's...perfect.