Chapter 14

"Yeah but you know that interview isn't for a couple of weeks." Josh shrugs.

"I know, but I'm still nervous, what if I like accidentaly kiss you or something?" I ask.

Josh laughs.

"Jen, you couldn't accidentally kiss me, just be the crazy best friend. You'll forget we're even together trying to answer the questions." He explains with a massive grin.

"What will you be then?" I say, sipping my water.

"I'll be the handsome best friend." Josh smirks.

I roll my eyes.

"That will totally help me." I joke.

We share a laugh and I continue drinking my water.

"Who knows, by then we might not even still be together, with your life." Josh raises his eyebrows.

"Not funny." I snap.

"Okay, okay. Gee, I'm sorry." Josh puts his hands up in defense.

"I'm tired." I yawn.

"Me too, I hardly got any sleep last night, and the night before, and the night before..."

"Okay, I get it. I'm sorry, alright? I love you." I laugh.

"I love you too." He smirks.

 "Well..." I say, letting the silence overtake us.

It's not pleasant, because Josh isn't looking at me like usual.

"Something wrong?" I ask.

"No." His eyes quickly advert to meet mine.

"Josh-"

"Okay, but can you keep this secret?" He says, leaning in like someone could hear us.

"Sure?" I say.

"Alright," His eyes glance around once more, "I saw a report on TV last night, they said they couldn't wait for you and Nick's interview."

My eyes widen.

"What?! I never agreed to an interview like that!" I exclaim, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Check your phone, apparently your manager sent you a message." Josh gets a glass of water.

"How'd you know that?" I ask, trying to think of too many things at once.

"When I found out, I called your manager right away, because you hadn't said anything. Then they explained about the messages. They already booked it. I'm sorry I seem so secretive but I thought you were going to get mad." He explains, grabbing my phone from the table and going onto my messages.

I let him do so, frowning slightly.

"I'm fine, really. Maybe it'd be good to see Nick again." I say, taking my phone once he's finished.

"You saw him today, you know, when you were going to have a lunch-date with him." Josh raises his eyebrows with a grin.

I roll my eyes. Instead of being angry, he's using it for his amusement, I prefer him doing this.

"I don't really check my messages." I say, scanning through the message. Josh was right, I am booked for an interview 'X-Men Days of Future Past' with Nick.

I notice a message from Liam sent twenty-four hours ago. I open it.

"Hey Lawrence, I'm back! Want to catch up some time tomorrow? I have so much to tell you!"