Chapter 46

2 Years Later

Jen's POV

The official definition of love, according to the Wikipedia, is: Love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection. It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment.

For once, I understood exactly what that meant.

The spark in Josh and I's eyes never faded, the fun never ended, and the longing in our hearts for each other never disappeared.

I was madly in love with him. And I didn't take that feeling of love for granted anymore.

There were times we bickered, argued, fought, and yet by the end we were kissing, full of that fiery passion we held onto. I called him names, and he did the same, then if I became too arrogant to handle he would take me into his arms and hug me. It calmed me down. He knew his way around me too easily.

About a week after we became "official" again, I called Nick. Not to make him jealous, or even give myself just a fading past back, but because he was one of my friends. And I didn't want to go on without speaking to him.

"Hi." I said quietly into the phone.

"Hey." He said, and I let a few seconds of silence pass, memories rushing through my mind.

"I just wanted to call...because..." I lost my words.

"I know, I saw on the TV. You and Josh." Nick finished for me.

"Yes." I breathed.

"I love you Jen." He said. I gulped. Not this again.

"Nick," I sighed.

"And that's why I'm so, so happy for you." He cut in, and I felt a smile form on my lips.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Of course. Jennifer, I know we've had a strange and intriguing past, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to be with the one you love. Really love. And frankly, I'm glad I had you when I did, but I'm glad I don't have you anymore. You're truly happy now." He explained, and I felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders.

"Thank you." I laughed, and he let out a chuckle.

"It's no problem, you are my..." He didn't know how to finish.

"Friend." I smiled.

"Yes, friend. Partner in crime." He said.

"Partner in crime." I agreed.

Claudia, although a constant burden in Josh's life, stayed away. She learned to love what is hers, and not somebody else's.

Like her child, for example.

Josh didn't try to contact Claudia much, but when he did, she told him she was happy, and her baby was beautiful; she said she knew what love was now because of her son, Carlos. He told her he was glad she was finally living a life where she could be herself.

As for Alex, he lived his own model life. I moved on to find he was in a constant cycle with girls, money and fame.

Now it comes to Josh and I. We lived a life so loved, no celebrity rumors would ruin it. We married in August, my birthday month.

The ceremony was beautiful, and as we danced and drank the night away with our friends and family, I woke up the next morning in his arms.

And random guests passed out in various places of the house.