Chapter 42

Josh's POV

I was finally on set for The Rusted, meaning I would see Jena in a matter of moments. Of course I missed Jennifer already, but I had my mind set out to act, which was what I loved doing.

Jena started walking, well, running towards me. She jumped into my arms and we shared a long embrace.

"Long time, no see." She smiled as we pulled away.

"Yeah, we need to catch up more." I agreed.

"This is gonna be fun though." She nodded, leading me to the trailers.

"Yeah, I have a really big part in the whole thing so I'm so excited." I grinned as she stopped me at my trailer.

"Yeah, you're going to do great." She guided me inside.

"You too." I smiled slightly.

She opened the door and we took a step inside. It looked identical to ones I already had in other movies, with a small lounge and kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It was enough to call home for the time being.

"Welcome." She turned to me.

"Thanks, mind helping me unpack?" I questioned, not that I really needed any help; I was feeling extra lonely without Jen.

"Sure." She smiled, and we went into the bedroom as I opened the suitcase. We begun in small talk as we unpacked.

"So how's things?" She asked, folding some clothing.

"Actually great for once," I beamed, "Jen and I are happily together."

Jena gave me a surprised look before her lips curled into a smile.

"I always knew you two had something special." She laughed a little.

"Yeah, we were just too dumb to realise it." I smirked, and she let out another laugh.

"Well, I'm glad to hear everything is going well." She nodded.

"How are things with you?" I asked.

"Same old, same old. Nothing much has changed, but I am super pumped that we're filming together. It's different, and I need different in my life." She rolled her eyes.

"Same here." I sighed, and we finished unpacking.

"Well, since we don't have to film today, we should hang out." Jena said as we walked to the lounge.

"Sure thing. But I have to go see the directors at some point, I need to help them out." I answered.

"No problems. Some TV?" She asked, grabbing the remote.

"Alright, but no crappy shows." I chuckled, falling down next to her on the couch.

"You say that as if I would choose crappy shows." She laughed, before flicking on Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

I was suddenly reminded of Jen, and our late nights watching this show. Her in my arms, and our laughs filling the room. I miss her so much, and I've barely been gone a day. I'm missing the closeness from her. The only time I don't feel alone.

"Are you alright?" Jena asked me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I realised I had zoned out, probably staring out into space.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My mind was elsewhere." I shrugged it off.

"Jen?" She asked.

"Yeah...how'd you know?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Because Josh, I've missed someone before, too." She laughed quietly.

Suddenly I was looking at every detail of her face, her shiny lips, and her gleaming eyes.