Chapter VI

Seulgi's POV

"I should go." I told everyone in the table. They are still talking about some random stuffs. Wendy seemed really close to them, I notice while they are talking to one another.

"Already?" Wendy said. I nodded and got up. It was nice talking to them, but I think my body needs rest now.

"It's still early to go home, Seulgi. It's not like we have homework to do." Jinyoung said.

"We were just planning to roam around the city..." JB said.

"Sorry. I'm just not feeling well at the moment. Maybe next time? Bye." I gave them a smile before turning my back at them. I was stopped with a hand on my arm.

"Your phone." He lets go of my arm and hand me my phone. Why do I always forget this!

"Thank you, Jackson." I bowed a him and left the cafeteria.

There's not much student in the parking lot, since it's already class hours. I'm lucky my schedule isn't that hectic today. Of course! It's still is the first day. I was about to enter my car already, when I heard a familiar voice called me. I look around and see her in front of me already, her head down low. She's also holding her knees, while breathing heavily. Did she run?

"Joohyun, are you okay?" She look up to me and to my surprise, she looks like she's ready to beg anyone for help. "Yah!" I exclaimed. "What happened?" I went closer to her.

"Are you going home, already?" She asked, breathlessly.

"Can you calm down first? Come." I said as reach for her hand and guide her to the driver's seat of the car.

"Seul, I need your help. My car got a flat tired and I was about to go somewhere important. I can't wait for a cab anymore, when I saw you walking your way here I just thought of taking my chances." She said. I just told her to calm down first and she's here talking so fast, as if she's not catching her breath from running.

"Something urgent?" I asked. She nodded, pleadingly. "Okay." I said. She released a sigh of relief and was about to jump off the car, but I automatically blocked her.

She looked at me confused. Let's get things more interesting. I smiled leaning in to her, she kind of backed out a little.

"Just want to tell you, I'm not gonna be helping you for free." I said. I put a foot inside the car to lean more to her.

"Okay! Just not now!" She exclaimed. I smiled. I don't think we're in the same understanding about the payment. Oh well... It'll work for me too. I reach for the seatbelt and wear it on her. I pulled away from her. She looked at me in confusion.

"You'll drive. My body still aches from last night." I said and closed the car door. I ran to the other side of the car and took the passenger seat. After I put on the seatbelt for me. I look at her direction, she's just staring at me. "Hyun?" She then blinked her eyes rapidly, and remove her gaze from me.

"Hyun?" She questioned as she starts the engine.

"Oh! You're name is too long, just cut it in half. You don't like it? Or do you want me to just call you Irene?" I said. I'm just curious. She told me her name's Joohyun, yet they call her Irene at school.

"I guess, you heard things about me in school already." She said. She's calmly driving, for a person who is in a hurry. Why didn't she drive like this last night? I almost died with just that car ride. I hummed.

"I heard that you're not the type to seek help from others." I said that made her look my way, just for a few seconds since she's driving.

"Desperate times calls for desperate measures." She answered. I guess it's true. I nodded and just look at the view from the window on my side

"Is your name really Joohyun, or you just wanted to give me a random name for me not to look for you?" I asked, not looking to her direction. The name Irene and Joohyun doesn't seem to match at all, I don't think both are her name in one. I heard her chuckle.

"Irene is my English name. And how would I still hide myself from you? You live just next to my apartment. Plus, why would you even look for me?" Oh! I don't know.

"English name?" I asked, trying to avoid her question.

"Yup! You don't have one?"

"Nope! You want to make one for me?" I said.

"Seulgi is a beautiful name, just stick to that." The moment I heard that, my heart suddenly beats faster that usual. I reach for my chest slowly. Calm down. I closed my eyes and smiled.

I didn't notice I drifted off to sleep there. When I opened my eyes I saw that we're outside the city, I know this place...

"Where are we?" I asked, nervously. No.

"I just need to attend a meeting in a university here. I'm actually running late already." She said. Shit! I need to go back! "I already told unnie to tell them what happened and good thing they understand."

"Hyun?" She hummed as a response. "C- can we go back?" I said, stuttering. I notice we're here already. Panicked run through me. I heard Hyun's little laugh.

"We're already here, Seulgi. What are you saying?" She said as she's parking.

"Please?" I begged. With that she looked at my direction.

"Seulgi? What's wrong?" She asked in full concern. I look around the parking area. The student's there are already took notice of the familiar car. When I look back at Joohyun she's already looking outside too. "Is this the university you transferred from?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes."