Chapter VIII

Irene's POV

"Irene?" I get it now! UNNIE! The things she would do for this person. Damn it!

"You work here, unnie?" I asked. She nodded and look behind me.

"The director said there's an important meeting here, and told me I should come." And she came just now? I know I was late, but not this late.

"It's done." I said.

"I just finished my class." she said to me. "Tell me when are you not serious, Irene? I want to witness that time." I felt her pinch my cheek. I swayed her hand away from my face. She chuckled before looking at the people behind me again. "Guessing by everyone's faces, the meeting did not end up well." She looks at me again. "You're the one they're trying to impress?"

"I-" She cut me off

"That's tough." She said as she laugh. I can't believe she still acts like this in front her students and colleagues. "If you somehow pissed her off. Don't hope for something anymore." She told them seriously.

"You two know each other Miss Kim?" A person behind me spoke. Right now I'm just face to face with unnie.

"Yes." Unnie answered.

"Great! I'm hoping you could talk to Miss--" I was about to speak, because I already know what she was about say, when my phone rang. I excuse myself to unnie and her only before heading out of the room.

When I saw the caller ID I felt my blood boil.

"I will not let you agree on this. You can't make me work with people I don't like. " I automatically said as soon as I answered the call. "How come you're the only one called in this meeting? When it is said in their proposal that the students will do most of the work." I said. "And don't make me start talking about Teayeon unnie!"

"Didn't I tell you to just hear them out? With what I'm hearing, you seemed pissed already." I just stayed silent, with that she knows her answer. "Joohyun! you did not just--"

"I did."

"Poor students." She said and sigh.

"with a poor proposal." I said. "Are you really considering this?"

"I am." She doesn't even have knowledge about the proposal yet!

"Is this about Taeyeon Unnie?" I asked. I can't help but think that, since she's teaching here.

"No. Of course not!" It is because of her.

"I'll talk to you about their proposal tomorrow." We then said our goodbyes before she hang up.

"I hope you're still considering it." I heard a voice speak up from behind me. I look at her.

"They just told you to say that to me, right?" I said, knowing that was the case.

"Even if they didn't, I'll still tell you that. I work here, it means I'm a part of it."

"You know I don't have the final say in this unnie." I told her. "and if you're the one I'm against with, in convincing her? I should just accept my defeat already. Just please not those students earlier. To hell, I would really fight unnie." She laugh at that.

"How is she?"

"She's doing fine" I said.

"Good-"

"But not great." She looked at me.

"Great is too much."

"But she deserves it." She laugh and nodded "You're coming back to her, right?" Tiffany unnie may look fine without her, but I know she's longing for Taeyeon unnie.

"You know I'm just waiting for her, Irene." She sadly smiled. Sometimes, I wonder how they can hold back and refrain themselves from coming back to each other.

"I hope you don't get tired of waiting." I held out my hand. "It was nice seeing you again, unnie." She took it and pulled me into a hug. I missed her. We pulled away from each other.

"Can you at least smile at me? The older you're getting the coldest you become." She said. I smack her arm. She laugh. "I'll go now, I still have to prepare for my next class." She said and walk off.

When I checked the time it's already 5 in the afternoon. I can't believe I spent hours there. Forgetting that I brought a car, I made my way to the parking only to realize that I need to call for a cab.

"How can I forget!?" I was getting my phone in my pocket when I notice a familiar car parked in not so far away. "No way!" I jog my way to the car, but I bump into someone that made me fall off the ground.

"The heck?! Watch where you're going bitch!" The guy said. I stand up and fix myself. The students here are out of this word, in a bad way. I was about to fight him, when I remember why I was running in the first place. When I look at the person, it was the guy from the meeting. "Oh! Look who we have here. The student who thinks highly of herself." I rolled my eyes at what he said.

"I don't have time for this." I walk my way to where, Seulgi's car is. At this time is was the only car parked in that area that made it visible in my eye.

"Where are you going Miss?" I was stop by the guy, as he held my arm. I swayed it off of me.

"Don't touch me." I glared at him. He raised both her hands up.

"Okay. Okay. Now answer me." What the fuck!?

"I don't owe you an answer Mr. whoever you are!" I said and walk away from him.

When I get to Seulgi's car, I knocked on the window of the driver's seat. Without a response I knocked again. I can't see the inside since the car is tinted. So, I don't know if someone is even inside. When the window rolled down. I saw the person I'm expecting to see. She looks like she just wake up from a slumber.

"Yah! I told you to go home!" I told her. She's rubbing her eyes. cute. I stopped myself from smiling at the sight.

"Sorry. I just thought that it'll be hard for you to call a cab here." She spoke. Her voice sounds raspy. "Move away." She said and I did. She got off the car. She's now standing in front of me. She still look sleepy. Does this girl sleep that much?

"I'm guessing, I'm driving again?" I said. She smiled with her eyes still closed.

"Yup!" She said happily. She then lean her face to mine. She always does this!

"Seulgi, what are you doing?" She opened one of her eye. This time I can't help but smile. She looks like she's struggling, She can barely open it.

"How about you pay me now?" Oh God!

"Here?!"