Chapter XI

Irene's POV

I pushed her away from me, that made her laugh.

"You know for a person who has this strong image for other people, your cute." She said.

"Again, for a straight person you're too flirty to me." I said to her.

"Only to you." she blinks rapidly, which I find funny and cute?

"Yah!" I covered her eyes with my palm. She just giggled. How are we this close already?

"You guys are cute." An unfamiliar voice suddenly speak up, that caught our attention. The teen age girl then run to Seulgi for a hug. I'm guessing this is her sister.

"You miss me that much?" Seulgi said between their hug. I just heard her sister hum as a response. They look cute, I would never be like this with unnie.

"Introduce me to your friend." Her sister said, letting go of the hug.

"Umm. This is Joohyun. Hyun this is Mina, my sister." Her sister smiled and reach for a handshake that I gladly accept.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"Likewise, unnie." she then face Seulgi, that's behind her. Seulgi then randomly, laugh. Did she just signaled Seulgi something? Mina then again face me. "Dinner's ready, let's go?." I nodded before giving Seulgi questioning look.

When we reach the dinning area, I notice the table was prepared for only 3 persons. I saw how Seulgi paused for a moment before taking a seat.

"I'll tell Daniel to come back here." She said, suddenly. "For good."

"But unnie--"

"I get to decide." Seulgi said sternly. What got her grumpy all of a sudden?

"I guess inviting you over was a bad thing." Mina said. They were just so sweet earlier, how did the atmosphere became this thick already?

"You need someone to be with, Kang Mina. If only Mom and Dad come home more often. Where are they by the way?" Seulgi asked, then started eating already. As she's getting food for her plate, she's putting some on mine too. I find it actually nice of her. It's like she did not forget about my presence even though I'm not talking and just letting them talk to ech other.

"Thank you." I whispered, just enough for her to hear. She give me a smile before facing Mina again. When I also look at her direction, I caught her looking at me then Seulgi.

"Dad's at the company, the usual. As per Mommy, all I know is she's already flying back here." Mina said. I look at them. So, their parents are barely home? By the looks of it, they're already used to it. "Unnie, I don't need Oppa here, he needs to be with--"

"I assure you, I'm okay now and I'll never go back." Seulgi said go back from what? Seulgi poured a water on my glass.

"Is she the reason?" When Mina asked that, I felt the urge to look at her. My guess was right, she's already looking at me. "Well, it'll not be a surprise to me anymore if she can bend you. Look at--" She was cut off when the person beside me starts coughing. I face her, in worry.

"I'm fine." She said to me before facing her sister. "Can't you use decent terms when talking?"

"What?! They're decent!" Mina said, then face me again. "So tell me Joohyun unnie. Where do you study? or are you working already?" She asked me. What is this? "How did you two met? When and where was it? I need details. 'Cause by the looks of it..." She directed her eyes on my had rubbing Seulgi's back to help her calm down. "You two seemed to have something already." I automatically remove my hand from Seulgi. Why does Seulgi's sister looks so excited in knowing if there is something between us?

"Mina." Seulgi warned her. "You need to stop reading queer novels already!" Mina just laugh.

"I know gay people when I see one." she said looking straight at me. Huh? And what? She reads Queer novels? "Finally come in terms with what you really want, I see." she said that to Seulgi. I thought she's straight?

"Mina!" Mina raised both her hands in defeat.

"Okay okay! But unnie it's better to be with someone you really like and not just someone who can make you feel understood." What? I don't get it.

"Don't mind her, Hyun." Seulgi said to me.

"You can't convince Oppa to come home that easily, unnie." Mina said and smirked. Damn! Is this really Seulgi's sister?

"Mina, it's really not what it looks like, right Hyun?" I was a bit startled by that and just look at her. "Hyun?"

"Y-yes! We don't even know each other that much. We just met yesterday." I explained to her sister.

"Fine. I'll stop." She said, still looking not convinced. Maybe because Seulgi is too attentive with me now, but isn't that how you treat your guests? "I'll also convince Oppa to come back here, if you promise nothing like that would happen again." What exactly?

"I promise." After that conversation. Both of them tell stories about what was happening in their lives, all I did was listen to them.

When dinner's finally over. Mina said that she still have homework to do that's why she went up to her room already. She also said it's better if we should just stay the night and just go home tomorrow, since it's late already.

"Hyun, do you want to wash up?" seulgi asked. Not gonna lie, I really want to shower and change clothes. I nodded at her. "Okay, let's go up to my room." She said and run to the stairs.

"Yo-your room?" I asked. I don't think being in a room with Seulgi will be a good idea. She stopped and face me.

"Yes, scared?" She teased.

"I'm not."