Chapter XIII

Irene's POV

After she said that she left the room, without even glancing at my direction. Here I am! I can't even sleep!

"Damn it, Seulgi!" I said and got up from bed. I went to the mini fridge, to check if there's something to drink.

I can't sleep and it's already 3 am. I'm still thinking about what she said.

After drinking glass of water, I decided to go out of the room to get some air.

I walk around their lawn. Their house is really something. I went to where the pool area is and sat on one of the chair.

"I can't believe, I end up here."

I was just in my deep thought when someone suddenly spoke behind me, that made me somewhat scream. It's 3am, how would I know if there some kind of monster here.

"Oh! I'm sorry. You must've be startled." The lady said. I face her.

"It's okay." I smiled at her.

"I'm so sorry to ask, but who are you?" She said.

"No need to apologize. My name's Joohyun, Bae Joohyun." I reach out my hand for a handshake, she gladly accepted.

"A Bae." She said. Does she know my family? "Are you somehow related to Tiffany..."

"She's my sister."

"That explains it." She smiled looking at me. "So, who among my children is your host?" Children?! She's Seulgi's mother?! "You seemed shocked." She looks young!

"I was just not expecting it. Sorry."

"So, who brought you here?"

"Seulgi." I said. She seem shocked by it.

"She here?" That made me confuse. Her reaction made it look like, it's that impossible for Seulgi to come home.

"Yes?" She looked at me.

"What's your relationship with my daughter?" She asked more seriously now. She looks kind a scary now.

"Mom?" I heard another voice not from afar. I turn to look at the familiar voice.

Seulgi looks so excited looking at her mother. She then went up and hug her.

"I missed you."

"I see you already had the courage to come home. Is it because of her?" Her mother look at me. Me? Seulgi let go of the hug and face me too. She smiled and nodded.

"Well, she brought me here." I know that's true but I wish she haven't said that. Her mother's stares are scary now. It seems like she's judging me.

"Thank you." She said to me.

"Looks like I don't need to visit you at Jinki's place anymore." She tapped Seulgi's head. She faced me again. "Okay! It was nice meeting you miss Bae." she smiled at me, before looking at her daughter again. "I need to head to bed already. I got an early flight tomorrow." she kissed Seulgi's head.

"Again?! Why did you still come ho--"

"Shhh shhh now." She said trying to silent Seulgi. Seulgi just pouted when she did that, which I found very cute. Damn! If only I could kiss those lips aga--okay stop!

"Sweet dreams mom!" that's the next thing I heard after being out of it. "Didn't she just said, she was about to visit me? Now she's saying she have an early flight?" Seulgi seemed to be talking to herself. She just acknowledge my presence as soon as she turn around. "Hyun." she said a little bit startled. I chuckled.

"Why are you like that?" I said out of the blue that made her confuse.

"Like what?"

"Like that!" I pointed at her.

"Should I take this as a complement?" she asked. I went closer to her and nodded.

"You should." I smiled. I saw how she paused there and just stared at me. "You're staring." I said.

"You should see how beautiful your smile is." this time, I'm the one frozen because of what she had said. When I notice where her eyes is looking I gulped. I licked my lips because it suddenly felt dry, and that just made our eyes met.

"Why are you up early Seulgi?" I asked. I just need to stop whatever tension that was starting.

"Oh! I was about to wake you up already. We both have classes later and we still have to travel back. I was hoping we could drive back early." she said.  Wake me up? I haven't even slept yet!

"Okay. I'll just get my things." I told her. I ran just before she could say anything. Right now? I don't think hearing more words from Seulgi is good for my health... Or heart.

The ride is silent and I'm sleepy. I don't know how to say it to her, who is now just staring at the outside.

"You know, it can cause an accident if you keep looking at me Hyun." she said. "What is it?"

"I didn't get to sleep." I honestly said. I stole a glance at her again to know that she's looking at me now in shock.

"Stop the car, Hyun" She said, I did stop. "I'll drive." after saying that she went out and open my side of the car.

"Are you mad?" I asked as I go down. I don't know why I suddenly got scared at that tone of her voice.

"I'm not." seemed like it. She slammed the car door in front of me, and I swear to God!

I enter the passenger side. Next  thing she did shock me.

"Next time, you tell me that first before agreeing to drive." she said as she's fixing the chair just so I could lay back. She then got a blanket from the back and cover it on me. "Sleep. I'll wake you up once we arrive." she said to me. She then face the road and drive. These things she keeps doing, is making my heart race... And I don't think there's still a way to stop this.

I woke up with someone shaking me.

"Hyun. We're here. " she said. I got up and she's right.

"Thank you, Seul." I said, still having a hard time opening my eyes. I still manage to get out of her car though, and walk my way to my house.

"Wait! Hyun!" I heard her call that made me face her. "Can I sleep with you..." that just wake me up. Can she what!?