Chapter XXI

Seulgi's POV

After the talk with the Director, I got curious and now here I am waiting for her. I just heard from the other students that the student council have been busy for a week already and they tend to stay in the university, few more hours after classes ends. I waited outside their room.

I put my headset on and sit on a bench there. In the next minutes that turned hour, some of the students already came out of that room. Yet I still haven't seen her. I still waited after another hour someone come out from the room, but it was not the person I'm expecting.

I notice the person that just came out spoke to me. I remove my headphones and look up to her.

"Are you waiting for someone? It's almost 10 already." She look at her watch as she told me the time.

"Yes, I am." I said to her.

"The one you're waiting for must've went home already, since the president and I are the only one's left here." She said. "I'm sure you're not waiting for me because I don't know you. It's also impossible that you are waiting for--"

"I'm waiting for Miss President." I said to her. I can tell she was surprised at what I just said.

"Does she know you're waiting for her?" She asked. I shake my head as an answer. "Are you a student here?" She asked me.

"I am."

"I'm Joy" She offered her hand for a handshake.

"Seulgi." I said.

"I heard that name from somewhere already, I just can't remember where." Okay? "Seulgi, if you don't mind... Since she's the one you're waiting for, can you please be the one to accompany her? I'm already late for my date and I can't leave because the devil inside, still doesn't want to go home." Oh?

"I thought you're about to leave already."

"No, I just came out to get the food we ordered." She suddenly clap her hands. "The food! Excuse me." She then run passed me. I can't help but laugh. I shake my head and put on my headphones again.

After a few minutes Joy came back with the said food she almost forgot because she was talking to me. She stopped in front of me and she just shove the paper bag to me. I give her a questioning look. She smiled at me.

"Can you be the one to bring this to her? I will not go back inside, anymore. Please?" She looks like she's really in a hurry.

"You will not even tell her you're leaving?" I asked.

"If I did that, she won't let me leave. I know we just met but please. You just said you're waiting for her. Why don't you just wait inside." She told me and the next thing I know she is running her way out of the campus already.

"Now that girl's weird." I said. I look at the bag she just give me. I then heard my tummy rumble. Damn it! I'm hungry too.

I stand up and made my way to the door. I still hesitated in entering, but then I remember I have her food. She must be hungry already, the same as I am. The moment I entered the room, I saw her looking through papers scattered on the table and she doesn't seem to notice me yet.

"What took you so--Seulgi?" Or she did. She looked at me surprised.

"Hey." I walk to where she is and place the paper bag on the table. "I was just gonna wait for you outside, but Joy said she--"

"Wait for me? And Joy? Where is she?"

"She went out already. She was in a rush." I explain. "And here! This is your food." I pushed it closer to her. She stared at it for a moment before looking up to me. "You should eat. You've been here for hours now." I said. She was just staring at me.

"You said you were waiting for me?" she asked. I nodded and took a seat across her. "Why?"

"Miss Tiffany talked to me, this morning." She then sat on her chair. She look troubled.

"Is this about the event? Seulgi, you don't--"

"Strangely, it was about you." I notice how she paused and somehow pressed her chest with her hand, which was kind a odd. "You being the perfect daughter you are." She rolled her eyes at the statement.

"Was she just bragging--"

"No. She seems scared, I don't know?" I told her. "She looks so worried that time." She look up to me, catching me studying her every action. Her mood changed so suddenly.

"Don't mind her. She's just overreacting." she said to me. I don't think so.

"She also asked me if I like you." I said.

"She what?!" She look at me in shock.

"Do you want to know what I said?" I look at her. I saw how curious she is now. And this is why I assumed that maybe she likes me, it has always been her reactions.

"No." she plainly said. This is also how I realized that I keep assuming things.

"Just what I thought. It's okay!" I stand up. How did I even get here? In front of a girl? Looking for something to assure me that my growing feelings is something I should consider and not ignore, yet I still failed to find a reason.

"Seulgi." she called as I was about to get out already. I turn to face her. "C-can you stay?" she said. I shake my head.

"I'm sorry but I still haven't had dinner. Sorry if I interrupted you from work."

"Seulgi." I stopped on my tracks as I heard her beg. When I turn to look at her again. She looks scared. "Please, just for a few minutes. I'll just fix all this and we'll go home." she said.

"Are you scared of being left alone here?" I asked in disbelief. She looks at me embarrased. She is. "But you live alone, Irene." I said, that made her expression change from scared to an upset one. What?

"You can go." she said it like she is against the idea but yet she needs to say it. I can't help but smile at the sight of her, fixing her stuffs already. The more I see her, the more I want to get close to her. The problem here is, she's always drawing a line every single time.

I look at her one more time before I went out of the room. I'm not the type of person who will force myself to anyone...