Chapter XVIII

Irene's POV

"Are you hearing yourself, Seulgi?" I asked in disbelief. As much as I want her, I don't think it's a good idea.

"Yes! and that's why--"

"You should stop." I cut her off. "Go home, Seulgi. I'm sure you'll get over it." I said and walk away from her. I don't want to do something that I'll regret in the future. I'm already, really attracted to her and with what I saw this past few days... I do think I need to stop myself.

I've always had this strong image to the people that surrounds me and I chose to have that. I chose to let them see me like that. I'm born in a family with full of expectations. My parents never not give us the attention we need as their daughters. They have always, I mean always had their eyes on us. They may be busy like other parents are, but they always check up on us. It's good but sometimes they get too ahead of themselves. It's gets to the point where it's too much already. I knew it from the very start, I saw the pressure they gave unnie and I also felt it too.

Unnie was the kind of person who always smiles even when I know she's in some deep emotions already. I hated it. Growing up I always thought of myself as the weak one, between us, because I can't do what she can. I can't just smile after people expresses even a small sign of disappointment for me. I can't smile when I know everything's not right. Heck! I can't smile even with the most silliest thing a person could do because I know, behind those are one's misery. I got used to it already, but then comes Seulgi.

Right from the start, I knew there's something in her. Her smile just hits different, it feels so light and genuine. I was intrigued and Oppa knew it from the very beginning. He knows how much I get curious with people like Seulgi. He already warned me and I didn't listen. I never listen and I know he knows that. And he was right, Seulgi is not it. Just like my sister, she's one of the people who hides behind their smiles. Yet somehow she lets out a different side of me, that's why I should put an end to this now.

"Irene." I stopped. "I'm sorry. I guess you were really just trying to help and was just desperate for help. I read everything wrong and I'm sorry." She said. Next thing I heard was my door being closed. No, cause all of her understanding that happened between us, in the past days. She got it all right, because I am really interested in her and did act on it.

The next day when I get my car at Oppa's, he went to work already. I got nervous at the thought of seeing her after what happened last night, but my nervousness turn into a disappointed feeling. Daniel said she went to school early and didn't even eat breakfast with them. I offer Daniel a ride to school when I knew she was about to call a cab. It turns out, he was suppose to ride with Seulgi but then she decided to go early. Did she avoid me because she knew I'll still get my car?

When we arrived at the campus, Daniel and I went our separate ways already. And to my expectation, can see my sister standing in front of the classroom I'm suppose to be in already, but I'm late. I walk my way to her.

"That's a first." She said and chuckled.

"Shut up!" Her eyes widened hearing that.

"What got you all grumpy now? And I thought you want to be lowkey with your relationship with me? Students are looking." I closed my eyes as I realized we're at a hallway full of students passing by.

"What do you want?" I look up to her. She's smiling so wide that it's starting to creep me out.

"You're already excused for the whole day." Again!?

"Seriously?! Will I be able to enter a class this semester?" I asked her in disbelief. She already did this the other day.

"Other students likes it when they are excused in class."

"I'm not like them." We are talking in a lower tone, to avoid other people hearing our exchange.

"Come on! It's still the first week of classes. Can we go to my office? We need to talk." She said and started walking away. I had no choice but follow her.

"Is this about last night?" I asked as soon as her door closes.

"Where's your phone?" She asked.

"I left it at home."

"You le-- You left it at home?!" She raised her voice on me. This time, I know she's mad already. "We've been calling you. I even contacted Jinki to know where you were."

"Well I guess you got your answer, when you called him?" I said and sat on the couch I let out a deep sigh as I felt the soft cushion.

"I really shouldn't have told you those things."

"Unnie, it really didn't affect me that much." I said. She looks at me with curiosity. "I just needed time to process everything. I don't want to blow up in front of them, you know me. I'll call them later, I promise." I know she's scared for me, I can feel it. but mom and dad haven't done anything bad to my liking yet, except for what they're doing to unnie. I can take the pressure they're giving, exceed the expectations they have, I've built myself like that and unnie knows that if they ask more than I can give, They wouldn't like what I would become.

"Okay then." She said in defeat.

"So can I go to my class now?"

"Actually, you're here so we can talk about the event." I closed my eyes in disbelief. "I already talked to one of the faculty in their university." I raised my brow, thinking it's Tae unnie she had talked to. "Only to know that Miss Kang Seulgi, your driver and your favorite artist, was the one who originally planned it." I don't like where this is heading. "Since she's here, why don't you convince her. You can use some help, I'm sure she had a lot of thought about this before she transferred here. Because as far as what they told me, she fought for this event to happen before she left the university."

"No." I said looking straight to her. "If you're really that desperate about this, then I'll make it work for you. No need to asking help from her."

"Did something happened? Is this why--"

"Trust me. She doesn't want to get involve in this event same as I do."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you really think she would just transfer university, without reasons?" Unnie looked at me, like she just made a mistake. "What did you d--" I was cut off hearing the door of unnie's office opened. Not looking at the direction I already know who entered the room. I glared at unnie before standing up.

"Miss Tiff, you were asking for me?" She said.

"Unnie. I'll go back to my class now." I said and walk out of the room without even glancing at her. Honestly? I'm still guilty of what I did.