Foolish

It's true what they say, at every retail job there's one person who loves the job a little too much. They're Mr. or Mrs. 'Insert Store Name Here', and it's annoying as hell. If the store was a person they'd be fûcking it, washing it's laundry, and cooking it's dinner they're so committed.

I learned the true meanings of thankfulness and annoyance today. Thankful that I only have a few more work days of this bullshit and annoyed because, well that one speaks for itself.

We got a new transfer in last week named Wendy, to replace our old assistant manager. At first she was nice, very Southern, with caramel skin and dark brown natural hair. She was helpful, generous and patient. I saw her help out a few of my coworkers with their tasks if they had too many to deal with and she did it with a genuine smile. This week however something obviously possessed this bitch. She's been giving everyone attitude, messing up people's tasks for the day then yelling at them about it, and acting as if Wal-Mart is her Lord and Savior and should be ours. It's fitting that her name starts with a 'W' since she thinks she wears one on her chest in protection of the store.

I swear if I have to hear one more time about the eighteen years she's served here I'm going to slap myself and her, but mostly her.

Served, as if she was in the military doing something important, but no she was just here at Wally-World greeting people at the door. Her using the word just twists my panties in the most uncomfortable of positions.

I nod as if I've been listening to anything she's said for the last ten minutes. Instead of letting me get to the long list of things I have to do tonight she's had me held up in the break room with her. That's another thing that grinds my gears about her, once she starts talking the bịtch never stops. For someone so dedicated to working she sure likes to yap on the job. If that's how she spent her last eighteen years then I see why she's so proud. If only I could get promoted to a managerial position just by sitting on my ass, bossing people around, and running my mouth.

"Some people have all the luck," I think as I walk away from her. I'm not 100% sure but I think she was in the middle of a sentence.

The door slams to a close behind me as I place my ear buds in my ears and head over to my designated station for the shift.

~*~

I got through all four One Direction albums while packing up my room. Apparently when you ship your stuff from one state to the next they charge by the weight of what you're shipping. I tried to keep the boxes down to a minimum since I don't know how my money is going to be looking for the next few months, especially if I can't find a job.

Turning to admire my handiwork I take stock of what's left. It looks like a tornado swept through and threw everything easily moveable out the window. My Spiderman poster and clock are gone and so is my embarrassingly large collection of stuffed animals. All of my perfumes are packed aside from one and the jewelry I have on is the only stuff that's still out.

My furniture is all staying since my parents aren't going to change the room around. "Just in case you have to come back home," my mom had replied when I asked her how to arrange getting my furniture sent to LA. It's crazy to realize that in just a few short days I'll be living in Los Angeles full time. Excitement doesn't even cover it.

An alarm goes off from my cell phone letting me know I only have ten minutes until my video interview with the lead hiring manager from Reynolds Incorporated starts. I already had a phone interview with two other companies this morning before I started packing. Reynolds Inc. is the only company that wanted to see me face to face. Nailing this interview is the only thing on my mind since it's the place I felt most comfortable at on my visit to LA. It also pays the most and offers a very nice signing bonus that I'll need since I already booked my flight and put a deposit down on the house I want.