I Wanna Know

It seems the more you involve people in your life, the faster your days go. I remember my off days when I was in college, they dragged on. But now that I have Amita, Damien, and Harry around, my days feel like they end before they even begin. Sprinkle in the rest of 1D getting to know me via text and I can't blink before the day is over.

My phone hasn't had this much action since high school. And comparing the two there are definitely more texts from people I actually want to talk to now. I was so used to my phone being dry it's funny to actually hear it ring nearly constantly. I have someone to talk to all day if I choose.

There's always someone to turn to if I'm having an anxiety attack I can't handle it on my own. Harry's been amazing with assisting me and surprisingly so has Niall. We've grown really close since we met, probably due to us talking nearly every day. Harry hasn't been too keen on it, in fact he has a rule that I'm not allowed to talk to Niall while we're spending time together. He feels like he's being replaced. His words, not mine. Sure he said it jokingly but the closet fan girl in me can't help but disregard that and take it to heart.

I assured him that he was my in town best friend, since he's normally here in LA, while Niall holds the international title. When he asked how I'll decide who gets that spot when they're back on tour I suggested a wrestling match, to which he agreed. If I were to say I'm not waiting on baited breath to see if it'll happen I'd be lying.

The cotton fabric of my black shirt dress slides down over my body softly like a cool breeze. Grabbing my fedora from the bed I plop it onto my head, tilted back the same way Harry wears his. The two toned fabric matches well with my entire outfit. The black of the brim matches my dress, nails, and chained biker boots. While the oxblood color of the top coincides with my lipstick covered lips. I managed to complete the grunge hipster look with heavy eyeliner and a few brushed out curls in my hair. Thankfully the perm I got earlier this month took perfectly. Making my hair straight and manageable without over processing it and making it too soft to hold a curl. I didn't have to put too much product in it but once I wash it out tonight it'll tell the true story.

I take one last look at my outfit before turning off the light in my bedroom. Out of the corner of my eye I think I see something crawl across the floor just as the lights go out. I want to turn it back on but I genuinely don't have the time, especially if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. My mind wanders to the scorpion problem the townhouses in my row have been having but I quickly shake the thought away. If I dwell on it I'll be tearing my room apart and searching for hours. I'm already running late when that's the last thing I want, for once I'm actually taking Harry out.

I worked on an account at work for the owner of a local bakery called Bittersweet. She was so impressed with my work and how fast I was able to do my job that she gave me two vouchers for free cake decorating classes. I was stoked when she gave them to me because I love to cook and I've always wanted to learn to decorate cakes, however I didn't know who I could bring with me. After getting no's from Damien and Amita who were supposedly busy with their significant others I decided to ask Berkley. Our energy has been off for the past few weeks and this encounter was no exception. He made it very clear that it wasn't his idea of a good time, as if going would be beneath him. Rather than taking it as an opportunity for us to reconnect he just took the wind out of my sails.

It wasn't until I talked to Harry and he seemed over the moon with the idea that I got excited about it again. We made the plans and now here I am, pulling up to a gated community in Calabasas. It took me a little over thirty minutes to get here, giving me plenty of time to think about the past few days.

As I pull to a slow stop I stare at the grand black and gold gate in front of me. I read the shiny gold letters perched across the top of the gate.