Jungle

You ever get that feeling that you're dreaming even when you know you aren't so you pinch yourself or scratch your skin just to see if it hurts? That's the way I've been feeling for the past few weeks. Harry and I met in the middle of July. It's the middle of August now and we've been talking nonstop.

When he dropped me off at home the night we met it was almost two in the morning. We'd driven around the city with the windows down just listening to music and enjoying each other's company, it was like a dream. I ran into a frozen yogurt shop just as they were closing to grab us something to help cool off from the sticky warm night then hopped back in the car to ride around more. He showed me all of the typical tourist sights, promising they looked better in the day time, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

For me the most exciting part about our wandering, besides being with him, was the sight of the buildings. Even though I work downtown I never take the time out to really glance at the towers that surround me there. I'm always so busy getting into the building or leaving or working I never get to take a step back and enjoy the sights. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved the city. On special occasions like birthdays or if I got good grades in school, I'd beg my parents to take me. The skyscrapers awed me and filled me with wonder of what it'd be like to be in one, work in one, live in one. I'd wonder who I'd have to be to be able to do all of those things, what kind of importance I'd have to hold. In a sense I equated skyscrapers and city living with success and people who had made it where they needed to be in life. As silly as it sounds seeing those buildings gave me something to work towards.

Being here is something I often thought was unattainable. Now that I'm here living out my childhood fantasies I almost can't believe it. It's almost as bizarre Harry and I meeting let alone us becoming friends. Throughout our month of knowing each other we hung out nonstop initially. If he wasn't busy with 1D business and I wasn't busy with work we were together. For the past week though he's been in the UK handling business so phone communication is all we have. We snapchat all of the time and text mostly since the few times we tried talking on the phone I could hardly understand him. How deep his voice is mixed with his accent and bad reception made for a call filled with "What?" "Who?" "Huh?" so now we stick to pictures and text.

Surprisingly enough we've been able to avoid getting caught by the paparazzi. I scour the internet for hours checking to make sure my face isn't plastered everywhere and there's never a thing. I always make sure we never go anywhere too public. We've gone to Jet's mostly or we stay at my place and hang. I've invested more hours into Mortal Kombat than I thought possible because neither of us like to lose. Somehow a quick one off game turns into a full tournament because once I lose I have to win in order to feel better and he's the same way. We normally end up playing another game as the tie breaker and by then it's midnight or later.

I hate sending him out on the road so late but it's not like I can ask him to stay the night. Essentially we just met and although we're both incredibly comfortable around each other already I don't know how appropriate asking him to stay over would be. The last thing I want is for him to think I'm some kind of groupie or that I'm using our budding friendship as an avenue for more. Although it's something that crosses my mind in the loneliest parts of two in the morning I know it'll never happen so I don't even allow the thought to live.

"Hey Bailey," Berkley greets, bringing me out of my thoughts and back into the office.

I smile up at him from my computer, "Hey Berkley, what's up?"

He strides over, taking his usual seat on top of my desk. "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to assist me with another client."

I roll my eyes, "What'd I tell you about special treatment?" The rumors had barely died down from us working on the Coke account. No one knew about us and for now that's the way I want to keep it.