Bootylicious

Insanity is how I'd describe my life as of late. Berkley and I have been working like slaves on this Coca-Cola account. I've stayed late at work more times than I can count or care to mention. Nothing is ever good enough for the executive we're working with, Barry. He'll ask for the demographic of one area but by the time we hold a meeting to present the information he's changed his mind and completely assumes we should've known about it. He acts as if we're mind readers or at the very least his secretary.

Berkley has been all over the delivery of the numbers, making sure everything is perfect for him when he comes in for his meetings and I've been taking care of the research behind it. The way Barry saunters into the office as if he could buy the floorboards right from under our feet drives Berkley crazy. So used to being the only "true" alpha male in the room, catering to Barry is the bane of his existence right now.

"Where have you been all day?" I hear just as two arms slide around my waist pulling me into a hard frame.

"I've been working Berkley." I reply gripping his arms to release myself from his grasp, "What did I tell you about the PDA?"

I feel him watching me, eyes glued to my ass. It's almost like there are sensors back there that go off every time some perv sets his sights on it.

Sitting down I obstruct his view and regain his attention. "The door's closed, no one saw."

The promise in his voice falls on deaf ears. For a little over a month now we've been seeing each other. I distinctly remember telling him that the only way we would work would be if we could be kept a secret. The last thing I need is everyone here knowing we've been dating. That would bring everything, personal and work related, into question and force us under a magnifying glass.

It's not as if I'm oblivious. I know the only reason he offered the Coke account to me was so he could get in my pants. He told me as much by the middle of our first month working on it together. Let him tell it, he only admitted the truth because he admired my work ethic and the quality I produced. To him it was surprising I didn't 'take the bait' and make a move on him. From that point on he vowed to be upfront with me.

By the beginning of May, astonishingly enough, I developed a respect for him that I didn't think I would after such a crass confession. I respect his hard working nature but more than that, his honesty. I've never met a person who's as blunt as he is. He doesn't beat around the bush or sugar coat a thing. According to him his parents took that route every time they decided to send him off to boarding school or any other misadventure in his youth and he promised himself he wouldn't do the same once he got older. I always know what I'm getting into with him and I like that. It's different from what I'm used to.

"The door may be closed but there are windows right beside it. You know how busy this hallway is and I've already been hearing rumors floating around because we've been working together so much," I explain, trying not to sound bitchy. But thanks to Whitney and her backstabbing rumor starting ass I can't help it. I feel like this needs to be under my control and I won't apologize for that.

"You do realize even if we were to get "caught"," he air quotes the word as if it's trivial, "it wouldn't matter because I don't have a board of directors. The only person I would have to answer to would be myself and I'm pretty sure I approve."

I roll my eyes. It's so easy for him. He's not the one who'll become a social pariah if this gets out. I refuse to lose the friends I have over this and I won't become one of those women whose only companion is the guy they're dating.

"Sure Berkley," I reply hoping he'll hear the annoyance in my voice and just leave.

Instead he walks to my desk, taking his usual seat on top of it. "Did we just have our first fight?" he asks, his hand flying to his chest dramatically, "I think that calls for some making up don't you?"