Bloom

This morning was a dream. Harry woke me up with his head between my thighs and once I got off we started making breakfast together. We danced around in the kitchen while waiting for the tea kettle to heat up and as I swayed in his arms I felt so free. It's crazy how good he makes me feel. He's like the sun to me, warming my skin while seeping into my body nourishing me with his goodness. His hands on my body is a feeling I never want to lose. Somehow our innocent display turned into something much raunchier and he ended up taking me on the kitchen table as our bacon burned in the oven. It was the perfect start to my day.

After leaving Harry to air the smoke from the oven out of the house I headed to work. It went by pretty quickly today, thankfully. It seemed like I had just arrived when before I knew it I was on the highway headed home. Damien, Amita, and I had a chance to catch up over lunch and I filled them in on Harry and I and our relationship. I wanted their opinion on my hesitation to invest fully and as always they delivered. Amita, having been freshly hurt by her now ex, felt where I was coming from while Damien was totally confused. To him it's simple math, me plus Harry equals happiness, there's no room in the equation for any extra variables. Amita on the other hand echoed my need for guarantees within a relationship.

She was with her boyfriend for years and she thought she knew him better than anyone. He seemed sweet and genuine and was very good at pretending to care about her only to find out he was screwing around on her for months with the same heifer he moved into their apartment the second Amita left. Frankly, I don't think Harry would ever do anything like that but Amita thought the same of her ex. She knew him from their teen years, watched him grow from a boy to a man, grew with him, loved him, cared for him and he still betrayed her. The fact remains that you never truly know someone regardless of what they say and even what they do. Damien of course shut the conversation down since he's getting married in a few months. He insisted that the risk was there within any relationship, it's just all about if you think it's worth the potential hurt.

His words got me thinking. Is Harry worth it? Are months of bliss worth the potential years of damage?

Yes.

It's the only word my brain forms to the questions floating around up there. I know in my heart that he's the best thing that's ever happened to me but nonetheless I will tread carefully. I don't give a damn how wonderful he is, if our last argument showed me anything it's that he can fall short just like any other guy. I'm going to look before I leap regardless of anyone telling me to blindly jump.

Walking into the house I head straight to the bathroom and hop in the shower. It's a pretty hot out today and I don't want to deal with feeling sticky for the rest of the day.

The water heats quickly in the high-tech shower I've grown to love in my time here. Stepping under the piping hot spray I sigh, throwing my head back, eyes closed, as the water runs down my body. A low purr escapes my throat as I start to bathe, the steaming water loosening tight muscles as I lather up and rinse off.

"Jesus," I hear a voice whisper from outside of the shower.

Throwing water against the glass to defog it I see Harry sitting on the counter watching me; his hand casually, shadily, resting on his lap.

"Perv! I didn't even think you were home," I laugh, reaching to turn off the water. I was just enjoying the water at this point anyway.

"Oh don't stop on my account," he grins, "I'm enjoying the show."

I roll my eyes as I step out of the shower.

He walks over slowly with my towel and starts to dry me off. I secretly love when he does this I feel so pampered. He moves over my flesh with the towel catching every droplet of water until I'm dry. Finishing up, I hold my arms up and he wraps the towel around me then plants a longing kiss against my lips.