Suffocate

"Baby why are you packing all of those sweatshirts and sweaters? You do realize we're going to Texas aka Satan's armpit. You'll be lucky if you need a light jacket," I laugh as I fold a pair of shorts and put them into my suitcase. I refuse to be fooled. November in Texas, at least in Graniteville is basically summer with a cool breeze there's no such thing as Fall.

"So you say. I just want to be prepared," Harry grumbles, warily removing a few of his heavier tops from his luggage.

Folding my olive green bralet I nod my head. "I know love, but you'll be fine with a couple of button downs. No need to get crazy."

He eyes my clothing choices and raises an eyebrow, "Speaking of crazy. I'm glad we're coming back home before we leave for London because you'd freeze your nips off if you wore any of that."

"The cold doesn't bother me. My dad kept our house like a popsicle growing up so I'm sure I'd be fine," I reply, picking through my boots, deciding which to bring. Texas may not get freezing but it's never too hot for a good boot.

Harry purses his lips, "That's what you think. Just wait until we get to England you'll change your mind quickly."

I roll my eyes. Now even if it is too cold for me to handle I still won't say anything – I won't give him the satisfaction. "Right. Well on second thought maybe you should pack warm. You know how you get."

Harry stops halfway to the closet and gives me a look. "And how is that?"

His expression is killing me, eyebrows wrinkled and bunched together his lips pursed with attitude.

"Oh you know. You just turn into a shivering sniffling mess the second the weather is even the slightest bit under 70," I retort with a devious smirk.

The look in his eye warns me to run before he can even move. We don't have time for this but that doesn't stop me from running around the house avoiding his tickle attack.

By the time he actually catches me and gets me onto the couch the last thing on either of our minds is tickling, packing or our impending flight.

~*~

The flight was smooth and a lot faster than I thought it would be. When we arrived to the air strip I realized why Harry was in no rush back at the house – we were flying private. He did the right thing in not telling me because I would've insisted he didn't waste the money. However, seeing my parents' smiles light up when we arrived half an hour early made me glad he did. They were ecstatic to see me and overjoyed to see Harry again.

We made one stop before coming here and that was at Harry's hotel to drop his luggage off. I'll be staying with my parents and since my siblings will be home as well the house will be at capacity. Secretly I'm glad Harry's not staying with us, his hotel will give me somewhere to go to escape the craziness, even if I will miss him being in bed with me.

"When are my womb mates arriving?" I ask my mom, plopping down beside Harry on the couch.

Harry laughs and my dad shakes his head.

"They are not your womb mates Bailey yall weren't in there at the same time," my mom giggles, "But they'll be here tomorrow. We wanted to give yall a chance to get settled in before the stampede."

I nod my head as I reach for Venom and pull her into my lap. She's been right under my feet since we walked in – after she gave Harry a sniff for anything nefarious and licked his hand in approval that is.

I feel like we're being extremely boring but I know I need to enjoy the silence while I can. Once my siblings and nieces and nephew get here it's a wrap.