I'm Yours

Sundays have become one of my favorite days of the week– especially Sundays like this. Rain is beating down against the house creating a thunderous background track to one of the best days I've had in a while. We've been home from Vegas for a day or so, making it in just before the rain started up. Every time it looks like it might clear up the weather picks back up again even harder than before. It started flooding this morning so everything Harry and I had planned for the day got canceled. He was more than happy to reschedule his studio time and I was luckily able to hold my meeting for my new book via Skype. After that hour was up he and I had the morning to do whatever we wanted.

It's been near perfection since I closed my laptop. We alternated between watching movies and making love before showering together and washing each other's hair. Still wet from our shower we made breakfast and ate together while watching Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. By the time our stomachs were full and we'd finished the newest season it was mid-day and I was ready for a nap. I fell asleep against Harry's shoulder as he strummed softly on his newest guitar. He's been taking lessons and he's getting pretty good. The soft tune he strummed sounded familiar but I was out before I could recognize it. When I awoke my head was in his lap and he was softly stroking my hair while reading one of his more worn out books. He read aloud as he finished his chapter and the level soothing tone of his voice nearly put me to sleep again.

"Sweetheart, don't you dare close your eyes," he'd chided, "You promised me a game of Scrabble and I fully intend to collect."

I groaned as I got up but internally I smiled – I couldn't imagine anything better.

We ended up playing through two games of Scrabble with the TV on in the background for extra noise. All was well until we ended up in a playful dispute about whether or not 'vibey' is a word. Harry's currently asking his Instagram and Twitter followers if it should count as a word while I sit idly by laughing my butt off. It's the funniest thing in the world to me when he gets competitive. He's so serious about it I might just let him have it.

"Everyone's saying it's a word B," he announces after a few minutes of looking at his phone.

Rolling my eyes, I turn the TV up before getting up to get a water. "That's because they want to bone you Harold not because they're Webster's Dictionary all of the sudden."

He laughs, shaking his head, "You sound bitter."

"Never that," I reply, flipping my hair, "I actually get to bone you."

He grins up at me and I place a quick kiss to his lips before heading to the kitchen.

"You want a water?" I ask loudly, my head poked in the fridge.

"No!" Harry yells back, "But you can bring me more of those lips of yours."

A snort erupts from my mouth making me laugh harder as I grab my water. Letting the cool liquid wet my throat as I walk back into the living room, I come to a realization that sends a chill up my spine in the most delightful way. It hadn't dawned on me that I'm living out one of my favorite forbidden fantasies until I looked at Harry and saw the satisfaction on his face. The fact that he's as happy to be with me as I am to be with him is remarkable and makes me want to try harder every day. We deserve this, he deserves this.

"We should make it a house rule to spend every Sunday like this," I declare, plopping down on the couch cushion next to him.

He laughs, beaming at me, "I didn't know we had rules at all."

I turn slightly, looking up at him confused, "Of course we do Harold. I do the cooking, you clean, and give me sex every night. Now we just need to tack on mandatory lazy Sundays and the list will be complete."