Epilogue

10 Years Later

As I close the album full of wedding pictures and place it back on one of the tall white built-in bookshelves that line the walls of my office, I smile. It seems like just yesterday Harry and I met and yet at the same time it feels like a lifetime ago. The memories of our courting, our wedding, and our honeymoon float around my mind like ships on an ocean. Albums and flash drives full of photos and videos from those pivotal times in our life together serve as buoys to keep us afloat and keep us in remembrance of how far we've come.

And how far we have come. It doesn't even feel like ten years have passed since the day I became Harry's wife and he became my husband. I didn't believe our connection could get any deeper but with every passing year, every passing moment even, the depth of our love grew. We have had problems arise over time but there's always the knowledge that love still lives here, that the fire and passion we declared for one another on a chilled day in October still burns blistering hot in our hearts.

It was important to me that we remained true to the people we were in our twenties. The love they had for one another was treasured and as the years rolled in and things changed we made sure to keep sacred the love they held dear. Through each trial and tribulation that the past ten years has brought, the main things – the important things – remain the memories we keep and replay to help us through the tough times.

I still remember every detail of the day he carried me over the threshold of our dream home as if it happened today. We'd spent the months after returning from our honeymoon split between working, making love, and tirelessly searching for the home we'd purchase together as husband and wife. Everything we looked at was imperfect in one way or another. Either it was too large or too small, too modern or too classic, it was missing a feature like an office for me or a pool or a space for Harry's hobbies, or it just didn't vibe with us. The location of the house was yet another issue. I wanted to stay in Calabasas while Harry wanted to move closer to Los Angeles.

We finally decided on a midway point of Beverly Hills and yet, even with the location narrowed down, we couldn't find a prebuilt home that suited our needs. It was like an epiphany when we decided to have a home built. Knowing it was the city in which we first met made building a home there feel even more right. Our foundation began there, it only made sense to put down roots there too.

It took almost a year for everything to get finished. The modern contemporary styled mansion boasts two living areas, a large dining room and kitchen, two master suites – one upstairs, one down – four other bedrooms with en-suites, walk in closets in every room, an office, a music room, a three-car garage, and a hot tub and massive pool in the backyard. Seeing the finished product neither of us could've been happier.

During our first year in our home, my parents moved to California to be closer to me and stayed with us for a few months until they could get on their feet. Of course I was thrilled to have my parents so close, but I was surprised at how much Harry loved it. He and my mother got even closer. They cooked all of the time in our chef's kitchen, he took her shopping, and helped her find the house my parents ended up buying. He and my dad's relationship improved tremendously as well, if that's even possible, he taught my dad how to play golf and now they play at least twice a month.

After less than a year of living in our home, we got the news that had Harry as excited as I'd ever seen him – I was pregnant.

Although I tried to be positive about it, finding out I was pregnant was... traumatic for me. I've always been terrified of being a parent so it was like one of my biggest fears was being realized. As expected, Harry was overjoyed and even more so when he found out we were having a boy. His eagerness only slightly dimmed when I informed him we wouldn't be naming him Harry Jr. It took us almost up until his delivery that December to decide on the name, Jonah Edward Styles.